5 comments

Maryna Skylum

Hi Chetan,

Welcome to Skylum Family!

Also, join our Facebook group to share your photos:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/720340221377223/ 

Comment actions Permalink
    Merle Becker

Nice Greeting for a New User.  Can an old one get some help with specific problem clearly defined other than referral to videos and the User Manual which I checked thoroughly before contacting support understanding what volumes they are dealing with?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Merle,

Sure - we're happy to help. Can you post a link to the thread you're referring to?

We share links to videos and the user guide to be helpful, but if it doesn't fully answer your questions please let us know.

Merle Becker

Helena Carter, and  Angela  -  NOTE THIS IS DUPLICATE EMAIL I POSTED.  THERE IS A MUCH MORE DETAILED ONE AS WELL.  THIS IS FOLLOWUP ON WHAT I AM TRYING INDEPENDENTLY - - THANK YOU.

Thank you for your help.  I have previously sent in a couple of help requests, (sorry if redundant) regarding my Folders in both the Library and Edit Panels have blank black boxes w/not photos.  There is a white triangle with an explanation (!) Point in it.  The total number of boxes – both blank and a few w/photos adds up to the total shown in the Edit/Develop right panel.  Dbl clicking on any of them to see Find Folder (suggestion by Matt Suess) only shows Filter/Ranking choices.

One of my messages (message board)  was very detailed on location of Catalog (PC Windows 10 Pictures) and the modified photo location – WD External Drive with only one Folder selected.  It has multiple sub folders and about 5k photos with JPEG and Lmr formats.

Luminar 2018 and recent installation of L3 plus Aurora 19 are my only software processing tools.  No Plug ins.

I am now going through EVERY PHOTO in this folder to insure that there are NO lingering typos that may have a stray of characters like , $ ( ) ! .  I use only lower hyphen between  names,

Once I finish this task,  - I will  I guess – delete everything, Luminar and photos and start fresh all over.  I have a very tedious folder system establish for 2018 and the program and organization has enabled my to work smoothly even if lengthy.  I hope to enjoy the benefits of L3. The program is very user friendly vs LR and Elements before that.

ANY IDEAS???  O yes, although I installed from yr home site, initialized and registered L3, I get emails stating my “Free Version” is running out ???  I even entered my reg/liscense code.

Thank You Much,

Merle

Sent: Friday, February 22, 2019 2:48 AM
    To: m.k.becker@comcast.net
    Subject: [Meeting room] I don't want to use Libraries!

The post I don't want to use Libraries! has a new comment.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Merle,

Checking your image file for stray characters is a good (but tedious and time consuming) idea.

However, before you get too far into that, can you tell me a bit more about your black thumbnails?

1. Did the thumbnails go black immediately after you added a folder to your library?
    2. Are all the thumbnails black?
    3. What is the camera model that the images that display black were shot on?
    4. Did you move the images to another location on your drive or in Luminar?
    5. If the thumbnails didn't go black immediately after you added a folder to your library, can you remember what preceded the issue?

With regard to the emails you're receiving about your trial, please forward one to support@skylum.com so we can verify which email list(s) you're on and correct that for you. Our apologies for sending you those messages when you're a paid customer!

Please sign in to leave a comment.