3.0.2 - disaster - lost edits.

Comments

13 comments

Tony Collins

I've tried restoring from time machine, both app and catalogue to before the update, and the edits are still lost. They were not lost last night before the update.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tony Collins

Thanks for the suggestion, but It's the folder I restored.

Bruce Tracy

I couldn't get the edits back until I restored the entire Luminar Catalog folder, not just the catalog. Hope that helps.

Richard Huggins

Hold down the option key when you start Luminar and see if any of the backups have the edit information.

Dean Hopper

I just updated and have exactly the same issue as Tony, about half or more of my edits are gone.  I have also tried all of the above options and none worked.  Seem the current resolution is to restore everything from Time Machine and wait for a patch. 

Maryna Skylum

Hi,

Please send us your catalog:

1. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    2. Right-click the Luminar Catalog folder > click Compress and wait for the process to finish.
    3. Send us the .zip file you created in Step 2. We recommend a free service WeTransfer for that.

If you can recall, it would help us a lot if you could tell us which folders were added to your Luminar Catalog and where they were located: on an internal or external drive. You can make a screenshot of the file system, for example.
    Please, send all the info to us at support@skylum.com

Dean Hopper

Ok so I have to correct my prior post.  It turns out that the edits were lost when using Version 3.0.1 (2751) NOT during the change to 3.0.2.

I did as I noted I would do in my prior post and restored the software and associated files from my Time Machine backup. The edits missing after the update are the same edits missing when I did the restores, so they were lost before the update.  

I have restored all the files several times, using different backup dates and times with the results being the same each time.

I cannot remember for certain if I had any forced shutdowns during the time in question, but as have been trying some new software that has been misbehaving I am certain that I did have some forced shutdown issues.  So I would have to say at this time that the fault is most likely mine and not the Luminar update.

After reinstalling 3.0.1, I made several edits and then reinstalled 3.0.2, all the existing and new edits came through the conversion with no problems.

Luminar and the catalog reside on the internal hard drive while the files themselves are on an external drive, which had been working without any problems.

I currently do EXIF data changes prior to any editing in Luminar.  I also do the editing in a designated "new downloads" folder and when done in Luminar I export the editing files to the cloud and then use Luminar to move the Files to the final folder location.  As I typically export edited files for sharing, I do have the image with edits applied stored in the cloud,  just nice to see them in Luminar.

Again sorry for the prior post, the problem was mine.

Maryna Skylum

@Dean
    Great to hear everything is fine now!

Feel free to reach us if any questions arise. 

Bruce Tracy

As noted in my other post, I've yet to get 3.0.2 to work consistently. I have verified multiple times that it is version 3.0.2 that is losing the edits, ratings, image counts, and is randomly trashing the folder structure. I have also narrowed this down to the process that is running when 3.0.2 displays the message "Updating Image Gallery".

I am glad to hear that you are able to work in 3.0.2 and hope it continues to work for you. Unfortunately for me, it has not. You may want to follow my other post/thread at: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041590171-Updated-Luminar-to-version-3-0-2-and-lost-all-my-edits-and-ratings just to see what I have done and experienced.

Rob Davis

Spent two hours editing photos this morning (should've known better!) and lost all my edits when I opened Luminar later on. I've been a Luminar user since day one but I'm done with it.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Rob! did you try restoring your catalog from backup?
    Here are the instructions:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Rob Davis

Hi - Yes I tried all the available backups.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rob,

I'm sorry that restoring from a backup didn't resolve the issue. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate the problem.

Please sign in to leave a comment.