What an Luminar 3.02 Update

Comments

8 comments

Martin Ische

Dear Skylum Team,

that would be my recommendation, too:
    Now just take the marketing back, fix bugs systematically and extend the feature set. Maybe the image of this great software can still be saved.

It would have been ideal if the current version had been declared as beta, then the disappointment wouldn't have been so big. But of course it is already too late for that. Especially because of the pompous announcements of your marketing.

But nothing else than a beta is the current version.
    Because there are still too many problems and important and basic features are missing.

I have now removed Luminar from the taskbar, but hope that there will be a usable version in the near future.
    I wish you good luck in any case.

Comment actions Permalink
    Les Cornwell

Pretty much agree with what's been said - the new update is a step in the right direction but it's still light years behind Photoshop & Lightroom.

Maybe my expectations were too high considering the cost of Luminar but that was partly due to Skylum's marketing - unfortunately I think they've made it sound much more impressive than it actually is.

Vance Zachary

I use the Windows version. I understand the frustration with seeming slow development of the software. For me, after the recent update, the Library feature is very usable (though I use Luminar mostly as a Lightroom plugin). Though not as fast and smooth as I prefer, I can use the Library to sort and edit images in a reasonable amount of time. I, like you, anxiously await more features and performance improvements.

I write to remind forum users that not all of us Luminar users are experiencing gloom and doom right now and many of us are using the program to greatly enhance our images.

Daniel Ward

This latest update is a step in the right direction. I am experiencing no issues at this time. Until the watermark function is added, I will still use Lightroom as my ONLY photo editor. Keep up the good work Skylum Team!

Marvin Wagner

Is there any way to use the 2018 Ver.? i wouldnt need the libary function just a good editing software for RAW pics...

Vance Zachary

You can use both Luminar 3 and Luminar 2018 without using the Library function. With L3, you need to use the quick edit function to bypass the Library. The advantage of Luminar 3 is that all future improvements to the Edit module will be for L3 only.

If you contact Skylum support, they will hook you up with Luminar 2018 to use right away to compare. You can have both versions on your computer at the same time.

Hope that helps.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rüdiger Barz,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with Luminar. WIth regard to TIFFs not rendering, we need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs. Please email us at support@skylum.com with a detailed step-by-step description of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. You can also make a screen recording. You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

If the issue occurs when you're working on an image, send us the image file. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your email.

In order for us to directly track this issue, please send us your HID1 and HID2 codes:

1. Download this application: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pf15jdigd0mgt4/ViewHID.exe.zip?dl=0 
    2. Launch it.
    3. Copy the HID1 and HID2 codes from the application's window and send them to us.

With regard to the Lightroom plugin - can you specify what you mean by "did not work"? We may be able to suggest a different workflow, or give you instructions for manual installation if the built in installer for the plugin isn't working for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Marvin Wagner,

If you previously had Luminar 2018 you will be able to download it from your Skylum account on our website. If not, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll provide you with the download link.

Please sign in to leave a comment.