I started using Luminar 3 now that I upgraded my computer and have some things that I would like added in future updates if possible.
1. Maybe this is already implemented internally; but, I would like a setting where you can select to use your GPU.
2. I would also like the option to select the colour space to use; prophoto or srgb.
3. I would like an option to select where you want to keep your catalog. I like keeping it on another hard drive that gets backed up.
4. I would like to see the image name in the library browser. I cannot tell if I am looking at a RAW file or jpg file; I need to click on the edit tab to see the image name. An extra step I don't want to do.
5. I am not sure about the Folders section. I watched a video where it was said that the folder section is what is on your hard drive. So, does that mean if I delete an image from a folder, I will delete from my actual hard drive? Or, will it only be deleted from the catalog? In Lightroom, when I delete an image, I get the option to delete from library or delete from hard drive. I accidentally hit the trash can in lower right in the Edit tab and I did not get any dialog box asking to confirm or anything. I am almost certain that the image was deleted from my hard drive (I had the drive window open on my other monitor). I hit the undo option to bring the image back.
6. I know this is in the future plans, I would like a virtual copy option.
I have not used the Print section in Luminar so I cannot say if everything I need is there. I may add to this list when I try to print something. I hope there is a Soft proof option and selecting paper profiles (icc).
Please sign in to leave a comment.