A Few Features I Would Like

Comments

8 comments

Jane Gimpelj

Umm, I do not see how to edit my first post. 

Why is there no Preferences section or did I miss it?

Ah, found the edit icon.  I also would like the Save As option.  I know others have requested this in other threads also.  I like having a lmnr file just like I like having a psd file; they keep all the layers/filters used and maybe have an option to flatten the file when exporting out if we want to flatten it.  Someone might not want to flatten the file if saved as a Photoshop file.  Maybe this is a way to use the same RAW file with different filter outputs (2 different lmnr files for same RAW file).  Same as using a virtual copy maybe?

In Lightroom, I always open my RAW files after basic development adjustments in Photoshop and save out a PSD file.  This way I can use the same RAW file in another psd file edited a different way.

Am I correct that when you export your file as a psd file or any of the other formats, that the file is flattened?

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Jane,

1. You can force Luminar to run on your GPU by right-clicking on the app icon before launching and choose Run on Graphics Processor

2.  I would also like the option to select the colour space to use; prophoto or srgb.

3.  I would like an option to select where you want to keep your catalog.  I like keeping it on another hard drive that gets backed up.

4.  I would like to see the image name in the library browser.  I cannot tell if I am looking at a RAW file or jpg file; I need to click on the edit tab to see the image name.  An extra step I don't want to do.

5.  I am not sure about the Folders section.  I watched a video where it was said that the folder section is what is on your hard drive.  So, does that mean if I delete an image from a folder, I will delete from my actual hard drive?  Or, will it only be deleted from the catalog?  In Lightroom, when I delete an image, I get the option to delete from library or delete from hard drive.  I accidentally hit the trash can in lower right in the Edit tab and I did not get any dialog box asking to confirm or anything.  I am almost certain that the image was deleted from my hard drive (I had the drive window open on my other monitor).  I hit the undo option to bring the image back.

6.  I know this is in the future plans, I would like a virtual copy option.

----------

At this time there is no Preferences panel

The Save As option to save .lmnr project files will be coming back in a future update.

Exporting PSDs or other file types does flatten the image.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or if I can clarify anything.

Jane Gimpelj

Hi Angela,

When I right-click on the app icon before launching, I do not get the option to Run on Graphics Processor.  I get Run as Administrator.  Maybe I forgot to mention that I am on Windows.  I checked the Properties when I right clicked on the icon; but, still nothing to run on graphics processor.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jane,

It may be that your graphics processor is already running Luminar by default. Settings can vary based on your hardware configuration. What graphics card(s) are installed?

Jane Gimpelj

Hi Angela,

I have the nVidia RTX 2060 video card (only one card).  Where I had my computer built, their supplier did not have any 1070 or 1080 video cards anymore and they could not get them; so, I went with the 2060 to keep my computer cost down (went with more memory 32GB and 1TB M.2 SSD for Windows and programs.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jane,

Got it. Thanks! Since your computer only has the one card then there wouldn't be an option to "run on graphics processor".

That option is generally only available when a machine has a discrete graphics card in addition to the built in card.

Jane Gimpelj

Oh, I see.  Thanks for the info.  So, does that mean Luminar will automatically run on graphics GPU?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jane,

Yes, it should be making use of your on-board graphics processing.

Please sign in to leave a comment.