So many issues with trying to update to version 3.02.....

Comments

10 comments

Dan Diann Schreckengost

I was having very few problems before 3.02 but after upgrading to 3.02 I'm having Luminar hang up and some crashes.  :-(

Comment actions Permalink
    Bernd Herrmann

Well, Luminar support just got back with me - suggesting I turn off the Windows Firewall (which I did yesterday), and also giving me a new link to download the full software (over 300 Megs).  OK - so I did that, it installed just fine - however, once you bring it up, it freezes and then crashes.  Again - absolutely worthless.  I must reiterate, I've never seen such buggy software - not even capable of qualifying for an Alpha stage in testing.  This is such a shame because when it is working, it is a delight to use. 

Well, time to look elsewhere for another viable replacement for Adobe Lightroom. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bernd,

I'm very sorry for the issues you're having. Please reply to support via email that the problems persist and our team will investigate further.

Bernd Herrmann

I already got back with support but it takes 24-48 hours for them to respond back - because of them being in a different part of the world.

Bernd Herrmann

Well, I'm now at the point where I'm ready to just rid myself of Luminar.  It seems that each time Luminar support responds to me, it's as if a different person is involved and they seemingly don't have a clue what was previously recommended to me.  So they tell me the same thing over again, and this last email that I just got from them was "To check out the forums for an answer."  What!!!!

Everything support recommended, I did - a half dozen times over - all to no avail.  Here's what I've done (in sequence).

With Luminar 3 (prior to the 3.0.2 update) everything worked superbly - no issues whatsoever.

When the 3.0.2 update was released, I tried to update using the internal update feature - but every time the installation window hit 66%, I would get that error window shown in my original post above and the install would stop (crash).  After trying this several times, I then completely uninstalled it, made sure to get rid of any remaining registry leftovers using CC Cleaner (as support suggested), and rebooted.

Then I downloaded the installer and tried installing.  Yes, Luminar installed - but when you bring up the program, once you get to the "Let's Get Started" series of windows, when it lands on page 6 or 7 of 9 - the program freezes completely for around 10 seconds and then crashes.  It never gets out of the Let's Get Started phase.

So I uninstalled it again - going through all the motions in the previous paragraph and then reinstalled it again - all to no avail.  The issue remains.  I've send support my system summary files and my hosts files - yet they never refer to that - only telling me to do the same thing I just did a half-dozen times above.

That's what is so frustrating about Luminar support - we're moving in circles (like a circle jerk) and nothing gets resolved.

So for now - unless somebody can come up with a miraculous solution - I've completely uninstalled Luminar for the very last time and am done with this program and cannot recommend it at all to anyone.

Again, I'm running a Windows 10 system (1809), 64 Bit.  Everything functions smoothly - no issues with the over 20 image editor programs I am running (to include Adobe products, ON1, Affinity Photo, DXO Optics Studio, Photo Ninja, and many, many more).

Maryna Skylum

I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

Please, try this download link with the integrated installer:

https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Win_Luminar_3_Release_1610.msi 

Let us know how it works.

Bernd Herrmann

Thanks Maryna...

But support already sent me a link to the full integrated installer the day before yesterday.  After downloading that, it installed just fine - but the issue about it freezing and crashing still remained.  Again, when you are on the "Get Started" window (there are 9 oages involved) - once it reaches the 6th or 7th page of the Get Started phase, the software freezes and then crashes within 10 seconds.  I've tried everything I can think of.  I'm an advanced Windows user and have never seen anything like this.

Also, I just tried downloading the link you gave me - but it takes to a page that only has the following information:

<Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Access Denied</Message><RequestId>26317D3ACBFEFD1D</RequestId><HostId>n7rGQ1B+XJ7QI5yHYy/enaG0YaPliVWB80ZIIF/SwaJXkREHv/MtXfWIM8HUJT+YtLnjTXk0Gn8=</HostId></Error>

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bernd,

I'm sorry that you're still having issues with the software freezing and crashing. Please reply to support via email and let our techs know so we can investigate further. Please be sure to include your crash report(s). 

1. Cause the crash.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to this email.
    Bernd Herrmann

I sent all that information in last week - via email to your support - but I never heard anything back from anyone.  It feels like I am talking with several different support people because I get different questions  - but nothing has been resolved.  Luminar 2018 and Luminar 3.0 (prior to the 3.0.2 update) all worked just fine.  It is the latest update that has caused all the problems.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bernd,

I'm very sorry in the delayed response from our team. We do our best to reply as quickly as possible but in high traffic times it can take a bit longer.

In the meantime, if you'd like to revert to Luminar 3.0.1 here is the link:

https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Luminar_3_Release_3_0_1.msi

Please sign in to leave a comment.