Updated Luminar to version 3.0.2 and lost all my edits and ratings

Comments

35 comments

Bruce Tracy

You pose an interesting question. I have as of yet, not found a way to do that.

Comment actions Permalink
    Tony Collins

So I have a dilemma

1 - Do I continue to use L3 at all - 3.01 has not proven very robust, but so far my issues seem to have come before the upgrade to 3.02, so that might work fine for me.

2 - If I decide to continue with L3 rather than wait for another update - do I redo lost edits prior to 17th Feb - or Keep the catalog from 16th with no lost edits, but re-do the work from 17th.

What a pain in the ass.

Bruce Tracy

It sounds like you have less edits to redo by keeping the catalog from the 16th.

Question, did you leave the backup setting in 3.0.2 at the default? If so, how many times have you quit and restarted Luminar and have you seen any peculiarities. It wasn't until about the fifth or sixth restart of Luminar before I started seeing issues, but then I did change the backup setting and it seems that just after doing that I started seeing issues.

Tony Collins

I've not changed backup settings. I've started 3.02 probably around 10 times.

Bruce Tracy

I've just started working with 3.0.2 again. I used AppCleaner to uninstall 3.0.1, but this time did not remove the DPA6233TPQ.com.macphun.luminar3 folder as suggested by support staff. Reset my license, then used the Luminar 3 installer app to install 3.0.2.

I haven't got much further than that. I really don't want to make any edits until I know for sure it is not going to mess up on me.

I am not changing anything from the defaults - just to see what happens.

Update....

That didn't take long. Messed up on the second open. I have zero images, everything is gone.

Next step is to restore 3.0.1 without touching or changing the catalog just to see what I have at that point.

Confirmed, 3.0.2 actually did screw up the catalog. Restored my catalog from Time Machine. All back to normal on version 3.0.1

Guess I need to wait for a fix from Skylum.

Please sign in to leave a comment.