How to stop Luminar 3 from reopening a photo from my last session?

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Richard,

When you re-open Luminar the default is to return to the place where you left off. If you close Luminar in the Library module in grid mode, it will reopen there. If you close it in the Edit module, it will reopen to that image. There is no way to change that at this time.

What would be your preferred behavior here? Please let me know and I'll share it with our developers.

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Lighthill

1. Make this an OPTION, not a default. When I work on an image I work on it until I am done. After that I don't need to see it again. In the PREFERENCES, make it an option to "return to last image" or not

2. The whole Library mode is nice for some but when I right click on the image on the left panel I am only given the choice to "Delete the image". What? I just want the power to remove it from the panel, not delete it! Having seen it, worked on it, I don't need to see it again. Again, make this an OPTION in PREFERENCES.

I liked Luminar 2018... but it was slow compared to Luminar 3... just give the user options, please!

Thank you!

Leila Evans

I will forward your suggestions to our dev team for consieration.

Richard Harrington

So Richard....

1. Make this an OPTION, not a default. When I work on an image I work on it until I am done. After that I don't need to see it again. In the PREFERENCES, make it an option to "return to last image" or not

But again...  where would it open up?  Most apps these days resume where you left.

Where else would you want it to go?

2. The whole Library mode is nice for some but when I right click on the image on the left panel I am only given the choice to "Delete the image". What? I just want the power to remove it from the panel, not delete it! Having seen it, worked on it, I don't need to see it again. Again, make this an OPTION in PREFERENCES.

If this is how you want to work, choose File > Open images for Quick Edit.

https://youtu.be/iA1DqNZhM68

Kim Austin

@ Richard Harrignton -- I'm jumping in here Richard -- why can I not just close a photo I've been working on. 

I could in the 2018 version, but now File --> Close shuts down the software.  It can't be that hard to reinstate?

Please sign in to leave a comment.