Comments

21 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Robert,

We don't have immediate plans to include this, but it is a possibility in the future. I will share your request with our developers.

Comment actions Permalink
    Ian Chou

I would also really like to have this functionality.

Wopke Postuma

I am missing this feature as well

Norman Gray

Given Adobes lack of support for the GPS Google mapping feature in standalone Lightroom (after the alleged security change by Google) it might be a good one to attract those LR users that have relied on it.

Heinz Stöffler

GPS mapping is a must, not a wish!
    Compare/See „Lightroom“

Raj Dasgupta

I agree, ... I have thousands of pictures taken in different parts of the world, just bought Luminar and am frankly quite puzzled to know that there's no way to search images by location!

Glenn Malcolm

I would love this feature also.  I do a lot of travelling, and would love to see a map showing where each photo was taken.

Alvaro Martínez

Geotagging and mapping display are key figures, not only “nice to have”. Faces is also crucial when you have thousands of photos 

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Everyone,

We understand you in a full way and we will do our best to add this functionality to Luminar 3 in the future updates.

Hope for your patience and understanding. 

Wim van der Meer

I'm still relying on Aperture for many things. With the next macos—15—it's not going to work anymore (only 64bit apps will work). At that time I will really need an alternative and I don't want Lightroom. So I'm really hoping by that time Luminar will have developed far enough to definitely replace aperture. Surely handling location information is one of the requirements. But there are many others: tagging, searching, full exif/iptc information.

Jeff Pinkerton

I agree with Wim. I have a large Aperture library, and almost all the photos are geotagged - even the ones scanned from negatives from years ago. All that would be lost if I moved to Luminar, but I have to move somewhere since Aperture's days are numbered. The next best option for me is Photos, but definitely don't want Photoshop or Lightroom, and let's not even talk about Elements. Instead, I have faith in the Skylum development process and will buy Luminar 3 because I believe they will get there with GPS sooner rather than later.

Colin Grant

Seems strange Jeff that you are letting your prejudice re Adobe drive you to Photos which is inferior in just about every way. 

Wim van der Meer

I just moved to Macos 15 Catalina beta and had to remove Aperture :-( My problem with Lightroom is mainly the price. Photos is a very different type of program, it has its strong and weak points, but unfortunately it doesn't manage to convert my aperture library—it simply crashes. It also doesn't read certain file types.

Oleg Dmytrenko

Adding GPS metadata support to Luminar is a must! Aperture had this feature more than 10 years ago. I really miss it. I hope it will be implemented soon. 

Colin Grant

A basic search function would be good. I have absolutely no expectation that GPS will be added any time soon. Keywording is also necessary and would give us the option to include the location as a keyword and the search would let us find it!

Paul Murray

Honestly, I would love to jump ship to Luminar, but not until it can work with geotags and facial recognition. If I have to I’ll slug it out on Apple Photos until you add this feature, then so be it. I’m not buying a product that lacks what I’ve enjoyed having, on the vague indication that it might be added at a later date. 

Add me to the Band Wagon, I would really like to see a map with GPS to see where that photo was taken, also I agree the Face Recognition would be good as well although I don't use that as much as the Geo-tagging feature.

mary riley

+1 .  i have just done a 6.6 hr trip all over the back country area of ontario - i logged it all in geotag.  but no way to append (so far) to the pics..

Don Trowbridge

I would also like to see mapping capability and the ability to transfer keywords and star ratings from Lightroom. These are 2 things that will keep me from moving into Luminar and away from LR.

Peter Meijer

+1 !

Colin Grant

That his because the Luminar dam will probably never be fully developed and why Luminar is really only useful as a plugin, be it to Lr, Photo Mechanic, Apple Photos etc. That said, whilst I do geotag via Lr I also use location based keywords so a simple keyword search will give me the same thing. But cannot do that in Luminar yet.

Please sign in to leave a comment.