What is a soft launch?

Pinned Featured

Comments

11 comments

Tomasz Gomolka

thank you for all the efforts!

if the performance is fixed I'm all in love in Luminar!

Richard Huggins

Your external and internal testers missed four critical issues? Have they been fired?

Andy H

Now we have another condescending analogy from Skylum that tries to compare the soft launching of software to a water main network and hydrants. A better analogy would have been a sewer network, given the contents are similar to what we've had from Skylum over the past few months.

Richard Huggins

Somewhat interestingly in replying to my review of my dealings with Skylum they said

"You're referring to the soft launch of the Luminar update, which helped us to discover and fix some critical issues."

Andy H

@Richard. Skylum’s messaging is all over the place and contradictory. It is clear they were not ready to release 3.0.2 and used the soft launch as an opportunity to get more feedback, One critical issue is bad enough for a launch, but four? They cannot pretend that they didn’t know there were issues and this was just a regular soft launch.

Tomasz Gomolka

was anybody able to update? any feedback?

no update available in Switzerland yet....

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tomasz,

The update is live now. If you re-launch Luminar you should be prompted to update. 

Alternatively on Mac go to Luminar 3 > Check for Updates for on Windows File > Check for Updates.

Tomasz Gomolka

Thanks Angela! I did the update, all went smooth. Performance seems to be perfect now. I did series of RAWs browsing and editing and my Mac is not boiling anymore :D

Great job!

Lve Luminar now :)

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tomasz - That is great to hear!! :)

Michael Brodey

I have the latest version of Luminar 3, but it won't update my the plugin for LR.  I currently only have the Luminar 2018 plugin in LR.  When I try to install the plugin from Luminar 3, I get the msg that I must restart LR to install the plugin.  When I do, nothing happens.  The plugin for PhotoShop installed fine.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

You can install the plugins manually:

For Mac:

1. Make sure Lightroom is closed.
    2. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar3/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the ones you're interested in have the following extensions: .lrplugin and .lrtemplate.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/
    4. Copy the .lrplugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/
    6. Copy the .lrtemplate file into the folder that you opened in Step 5.

You may  be asked whether you'd like to overwrite the existing file in the folder or keep both, choose to overwrite in all cases.

For Windows:

• Make sure Luminar and Lightroom are closed.
    • Download the plugin file from here (click Download in the upper right): https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvk85snt6sgxhi0/Luminar3Export.lrplugin.zip?dl=0
    • Right-click the .zip you've downloaded > click Extract All. When prompted to specify the destination for the extracted file, click Browse. Paste the following path into the address bar in the top of the window that opens: %appdata%\Adobe\Lightroom\Modules

Here's how it should look like:

• Click Select Folder and then click Extract.

Access Luminar 3 from Adobe Lightroom in the following way:

• Right-click on the image > Export > Export to Luminar 3 > You have an option to Open Source Files or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like to transfer over to Luminar 3, you can also choose Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments.

After applying adjustments in Luminar 3 your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs.

Let me know if any further assistance is needed.

Please sign in to leave a comment.