Preserve EXIF data after exporting

Comments

13 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi! You are right, all the exif data should remain after an export. Could you send us a sample photo so we test it?

Here is how you can do it:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into an email to support@skylum.com

Best regards,

Comment actions Permalink
    Nathan Vear

As a new user, I've just discovered this too! Is there an update on the issue at all?

Kirk Osborn

Hi Nathan. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

2 months ago : "I use the RAF compressed without loss and since the version 3.1 when I export in JPEG or TIF files no longer have EXIF. I tested in uncompressed RAF, it works. I think this is a defect. How to get out? (I am particularly concerned about RAF compressed) The treatment of EXIF in Luminar is almost absent. This is from my point of view a capital function for a processing software. On the other hand, Luminar lacks the geolocation function of photos. Do you think very quickly include this feature in a future update? Thank you for your reply."

Now : Same as version 3.1 with version 3.1.1. JPEG export of compressed RAF from FUJI XE3 works well ... without EXIF! Very disappointed as the holidays approach! Skylum told me two months ago that there was no solution to this problem and had to wait for an update. For how long ?

Helena Carter

Hello,

This issue should be fixed in the update 3.1.2. There's no ETA yet, but we'll keep you posted. Please, check our roadmap to see what's coming: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

CARCANADE Jean-Michel

The wait is very long!

Darryl Brooks

It's not fixed in 3.1.3

Angela Andrieux

Hi Darryl,

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can look into it. It should have been fixed in 3.1.2.

Darryl Brooks

OK, but here is the metadata in the original jpg and after editing in L3 and hitting Apply.

Darryl Brooks

This one I opened the program as a standalone, opened for quick edit. and Saved as Image. Half metadata kept, half gone.

Darryl Brooks

Using Export Seems to Work correctly. It would be great if you guys could figure out how to make the Edit In work as that is the workflow that I and most everyone else uses. Out of these plugins, Skylum is the only one that doesn't work as it should.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Darryl! Thanks for sharing all this. Indeed, the recommended way to use the plugin is this one: 
    right-click > export > Luminar 3 > Edit a Copy with Lightroom adjustments/Open Source Files
    We will work on the method you mentioned.

Until it is fixed,you can retrieve stripped EXIF in data after Luminar edit from Lightroom, choosing right click >Metadata >Read from file.

Please sign in to leave a comment.