Confused about Luminar 3 - Presets etc ...

Comments

8 comments

Kevin Becker
    I'm not seeing 'Auto Smart Enhancer' --- 'Mild image enhancer' ----- 'Vivid' in Luminar 3
    I'm sure there are more, but these are just the ones I've used a lot in 2018
    Comment actions Permalink
    Kevin Becker

Some may be re-named, but the ones I used most of the time just aren't there anymore.

Stephen Van Patten

I have the very same questions that although seem most appropriate and should have been anticipated by Skylum are simply not being answered. Oddly enough, when I installed Luminar3 the custom presets I made in Luminar 2018 were there waiting for me but all the many presets I painstakingly chose, tested and weeded out the good from the bad were not there waiting for me. I took a screen shot of my preset selections in Luminar 2018 so that when I get time I can hopefully locate their Luminar3 replacements. Thanks so much Skylum for making us redo all that work. How they did not anticipate these issues is beyond any thinking persons ability to understand. I absolutely love Luminar 2018 or I would have long since given up on Skylum.

Kevin Becker

Well, it's even worse than I imagined.... Here is the response I got from Skylum on the presets.

Seems to me like Skylum should have migrated these presets for you. (I was in the Software Business)

In case anyone needs the info..

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Luminar 3 indeed doesn't have most of the presets from Luminar 2018. But I am sure you can achieve the same results using Luminar 3's presets.

However, in case they are inevitable for you. Here is a workaround:

1. Open Luminar 2018 > Apply the desired preset to any photo.

2. Save the adjustments as a custom preset with the help of Save Filters Preset...

3. Reproduce the same thing with all the presets you wish to have in Luminar 3.

Then, go File > Show Preset Folder...  Locate the ones you created, copy them. 

Open Luminar 3, File > Show Luminar Looks Folder... And paste those copied files from Luminar 2018 folder.

And here you go, the same presets will be available in Luminar 3.

************************************************************************************************************************************

Angus Whitton

I think I'm going to give up on this system, I did trial the 2018 version last year but I found it quite complex and gave up on it.  I have now just downloaded version 3 but can't get a trial - although I'm offered a trial of the new 'enhanced' version.
    Their lack of explanation of versions and trials and features etc is very disappointing.

Merle Becker

@ Angus Whitton

Welcome to the world of L3 Angus or nightmare. I utilized L2018 and Aurora 19 and enjoyed both very much.  However, the L3 version [for me] has been a nightmare.  I have worked with 3 to 5 different support staff for 2 months plus now and still can not get it to run.  That's they can not.  Others you will have same issues, some very lucky folks are just rolling along.  How a product can have that level of inconsistency is baffling.  I am evaluating other alternatives since I fee like an idiot.  You should not have to be a computer technician, adding/deleting/changing drivers, etc. etc. in order to get the product to work!!!

If you want to keep trying, I highly recommend one of the following "independent" affiliates who produce tons of videos on each and every aspect of Luminar:  Jim Nix, Matt Suess, Anthony  Morganidi (sp).  Just ck U Tube. They have videos on each filter and tool in Luminar and are each great resources/teachers.  That is not the issue for you.  It will be getting the product to work.  Mac's seem to have better luck then us poor folks on Windows 10 PC's. You will find training on the presets there which are great tools. But it's all like going to a 5 Star restaurant and ordering your favorite meal and wine.  It's useless unless they can deliver it to your table !!  And you are left sucking the water.  Good Luck

Leila Evans

Hi Angus - What do you see when you try to run Luminar 3 trial? If it shows 0 days left, this is easy to fix. We'll just need some information about your computer.

If you're on Mac:

1. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen.
    2. Click About This Mac.
    3. In the window that opens, click System Report.
    4. In the window that opens, make sure Hardware is selected in the column on the left.
    5. Locate the Hardware UUID string, copy it, and paste it into your email to support@skylum.com

If you're on Windows:

1. Download this application: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pf15jdigd0mgt4/ViewHID.exe.zip?dl=0
    2. Launch it.
    3. Copy HID1 and HID2 codes from the application's window and send them to support@skylum.com

With this info we'll be able to reset your trial.

You can find educational material here: https://skylum.com/edu/luminar 

And some video tutorials here: https://skylum.com/video-galleries/luminar-video-tutorials

Leila Evans

@Merle Becker - We've just sent you some steps that can fix the problem with black thumbnails. Please check your email.

Please sign in to leave a comment.