New Luminar update is coming soon

Comments

10 comments

James Thomson

The right approach, Alex. Fingers crossed.

Comment actions Permalink
    Leon Backland

Alex,

Canada received Luminar 3.0.2 last week. Is the next update planned for release by Feb 22 a new version (3.0.3), or will it be a new build of current version 3.0.2?

michael durkin

Well now, this is a bit more like it. Surely; we'd all prefer to wait a little longer if it meant a few more adjustments were being made, simply to make sure the update was worth bothering with – and I do so applaud how they used the colonies as a launching pad to test things out before releasing it to us ‘Quality Folk..’

The thing is, I'm still not 100% sure about all this: for me it's the hasty change from 'McPhun' or whatever they used to call themselves. What sort of an image does a frivolous name like that that conjure up then?

You‘re not sure are you? Well I’ll tell you. A collection of college kids, (baseball hats worn the regulation ‘wrong way round’).  Playing pranks like leaving drawing pins on each other’s chairs. The girls, wandering around in Daisy Dukes, forever fiddling with their blonded up locks, glued to their phones chattering to their friends. All this to the sound of ‘The BeachBoys’ playing, with no one actually doing anything about the good ship Luminar heading for the rocks!

Has reality finally hit ‘Those Phun Guys? Do they realise success doesn’t actually fall into your lap and that you have to get serious about it once you hit 21 or your kids are going to end up pulling a Rickshaw?

We can only hope.. Now: Just get it right will yer? Our patience is exhausted.  Who’s in charge there?

Er, light-hearted and I hope, seen as a joke guys, I hope it works well for you and us too.

Rodney Brown

Thanks for keeping us updated Alex! 

John Newton

Im just hoping the next release will work, if i had just bought the software id be taking for a refund, this has been a terrible release, i just cant understand why you dont test it before its available to the plebs like us, good grief .

Ruddi Hansen

Hi. 

I hope that the new update is out soon at fix all (most of the issues)

I bought Luminar on Dec. 14 2018 and have not really used it, as the program is too slow and unstable. 

Hoping for the best, with the update. 

Douglas Louden

I've been holding off any new work with Version 3 because of the issue loading collections (multiple folders). Will the new version that is upcoming still require adding folders incrementally instead of all at once?

Anastasia Davis

@Douglas Hi! Could you specify your request in a more detailed way? Please note that you can add as many folders as required. In fact, you can use the Quick Edit feature and not adding any folders at all.

Douglas Louden

Thank you Anastasia. I sent you a response by way of a reply to the e-mail you sent to me.

Dmytro S.

We always release our software in a rolling wave - soft launch. We posted more information about it in our new post here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041569911

However, in this particular case, we decided to put the worldwide update release on pause, in order to deliver a quality product to all our customers.

@Leon - it's going to be a new build of Luminar 3.0.2

Please sign in to leave a comment.