Suggestions for future Luminar 3 improvements for Windows users

Comments

5 comments

Kirk Osborn

Hi!

That’s a great suggestion. We’ve heard that request quite a bit so maybe we will do so in the future. I’ll speak with our engineering team about this, and they’ll reach out if they have any other questions.

Comment actions Permalink
    Lawrence Plomp

I also have a suggestion for future updates,

1) make it work...................takes a long time to load 15 or more minutes.

2) In Chapter 4 of your (skylum's) guide

it describes how to install plug-ins, open image, go to edit tab and choose plug-in menu,

only issue with this process is the are only two choices in the edit menu undo-redo

Who wrote this guide?  Are you making changes to the program and forgetting to change the guide?

In trying to get this program to work, I am getting very disappointed with Skylum, I'm not sure this program is even in the alpha stage of development.

Alex Young

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for passing on the suggestion - much appreciated.

I have one more (I'll stop soon, promise) suggestion: I'd like to be able to save my editing changes as a lmnr file, rather than have them automatically saved in the Luminar Catalog folder. I'm still finding that as my Luminar Catalog folder gets bigger with each file that I edit, Luminar3 gets sluggish and unresponsive and I have to delete the folder and start again. This, of course, deletes all the saved, edited files. My Luminar Catalog threshold is around 150MB it seems.

The option to save or not to save an edited file - as is the case in Luminar 2018 - would get around this problem, methinks.

I'm still liking Luminar 3.0.2...thanks again to the engineering team. AI sky enhancer works fine, the program boots up in 10 seconds or so on my system and when I choose a new RAW file of ~25 MB for a quick edit, it is ready to go in about 10 - 15 seconds, which is faster than Luminar 2018 for me. As I stated previously, I don't use the Library functionality, just the quick edit mode.

Best,

Alex

Maryna Skylum

Hi Alex,

We do plan on adding the ability to save files in the .LMNR format to Luminar 3.

We’ll add the ability to save project files later but at the moment I don’t have a timeline for that.

A workaround to recall settings you used for a project would be as follows:

1. Open a photo in L3.
    2. Edit it.
    3. In the Edit panel on the right click Save Luminar Look.
    4. Enter a descriptive name.

This won’t save layers but your filter settings will be saved. As a bonus, you’ll be able to instantly apply the settings you used for a certain project to other projects.

If you need to re-edit a photo, load an unedited copy of it in Luminar and apply the look you saved in Step 4 to it (the look will be located in the User Looks category). You'll get the exact same filters and settings that you used for this project before.

Alex Young

Thanks Maryna...

I'll give your suggestion a try. I'm looking forward to having the 'save as lmnr file' ability in a future version of Luminar3. Do you have a timeline for this future release that you can share?

Best,

Alex

Please sign in to leave a comment.