Luminar 3.0.2 (2105) update not installing

Comments

44 comments

Jörn Reppenhagen

Thank you, Eric ! ;)

I first tried a SOCKS Proxy, which Luminar didn't like.

Then downloaded via a free VPN, spoofing my location to Canada, 3.0.2 installed.

Hooor...

Oh ... :/

Fatal fault (after doing any edit of a picture (adding a filter is enough), Catalog goes havoc, black thumbnails, Catalog gets re-read with every single Luminar launch, FAR slower than before, editing controls greyed out).
    Only solution: Erase the Catalog, build a new one. Allows editing of exactly one single picture. Then: Erase Catalog, lose all your edits, start again.

Same problem as before, not solved.

Now seeking instructions for building a letter bomb.

Comment actions Permalink
    michael durkin

'Now seeking instructions for building a letter bomb.'

Ha,ha,ha!

Eric van Bemmel

@Jorn

Sorry to hear that the new update is causing you grief.

I note in recent messages from Luminar that they refer to an upcoming version 3.1 to be released around now. I wonder if we should assume 3.0.2 is, in fact, that update, or that there's something "better" around the corner.

See, for example: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360037201971-Luminar-3-Update-from-Support-UPDATED-1-8-19

We can live in hope, I guess. It's all we've got at this stage, unfortunately.

Trevor Collier

I downloaded Cyberghost VPN connected to Canada and the update came straight down

Kirk Osborn

Hi Jörn,

Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Annika Schumacher

Sorry but i have to say i had the problem that Jörn hast since the release of Luminar 3 and none of the Luminar-Staff were able to help me. First you delay the update and then you start to offer help were you can't solve the problem? Not even the new update changed anything. After editing one photo, i can't edit a 2nd one, even if i restart the entire programm. 

Jörn Reppenhagen

Kirk: Just guess what I did over the last few weeks - contacting Skylum support, explaining the problem again and again and again. And then again because each time, a different support agent answered my eMail, totally ignoring the eMail history with all the descriptions just below his answer, asking for a new description of the problem instead of simply scrolling down.

That's what I did again and again and again. To no avail, of course.

Problems came up after exchanging my C: drive with a cloned SSD and adding a new internal HDD to the system. So I guessed the root cause might be either storing the drive configuration at initial installation of L3 - or some collisions with your way of checking the number of installations (hardware changes).
    Thus I asked to try a different activation key to see if that makes L3 do a fully virgin installation including the new drives. I never got an answer.

Till I finally asked the support guys to forward my issue to a programmer instead of helplessly guessing into the blue - as the total waste of time and lack of in-depth knowledge of the support guys just got too obvious. After that, I didn't hear anything from support again.

So please accept my apologies if I don't feel like trying again what proved to be a pure waste of time, and really felt like ignorance.

But I'll open a new thread a little later, showing the problem with screenshots.

Annika Schumacher

I really wonder why i have gotten an e-mail today telling me, that the Testperiod for Luminar3 is only 29 days left when i already own the programm.
    Instead of fixing problems your trying even harder to sell a broken software. Sad.

Blair Govan

I’m in Canada. Downloaded 3.2. Says installed after installing but IS NOT!!! This is getting pathetic!!!! When I check for updates it says 3.01 is the current. Tried even installing 3.2 as a stand alone app as well and still says 3.01

Skylum please respond!!! This is laughable.

Jörn Reppenhagen

Blair: I installed 3.0.2 using a VPN tunnel from Germany to Canada. So it does work.

But it might also "work" the other way round.

Make sure you don't use a VPN connection which might show Skylum a different country of origin. Some mobile connections may cause the same problem.
    A plain normal internet connection should do the trick.

As it's Skylum, we better stick with "should". ;)

Annika Schumacher

Jörn, hab ich auch so gemacht, leider hat sich nicht wirklich etwas verbessert was die schwarzen Thumbnails angeht. Und das Programm an sich geht auch immer noch nicht.

It's sad, that it always is "should" with Skylum. The Enginge and the overall idea of the programm is so great, that i really don't want to use any other raw developer. I just wish, they would put the same effort into fixing problems and improve the performance as they put into contests and marketing.

I think it will be another 3 to 4 months until we can expect a new update that actually fixes the bugs and solves the problems.

Jörn Reppenhagen

Linus: Ich halte das mal Englisch, damit jeder mitkommt. ;)

Same here; 3.0.2 did not resolve that problem which renders Luminar 3 practically completely useless.
    Just one mistake (like a double click while editing, which brings you back to the Catalog view) destroys all the work you did; at least that's the case with my local Luminar 3 installation. And there's NO option of saving the edits done so far, like Luminar 2018 offers.

I opened a new thread just dealing with this problem, starting with "FATAL", you'll quickly find it.
    Couldn't do harm if we vote it up a little more, so the Skylum guys get aware of it.

My experience is similar to yours: I like Luminar very much, I love the workflow customization features.
    That's why I don't give up.

Yet.

Annika Schumacher

Good idea. 

Sadly for now i am back to Luminar 2018. We will see how long i am going to hold my hopes up high.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

Here is some additional information about the 3.0.2 update: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360041735072-New-Luminar-update-is-coming-soon

Please sign in to leave a comment.