Luminar 3 the biggest disapointment

Comments

18 comments

Colin Grant

You may be a little late Alfredo, there is an update out next week. It is said that it will cure all/most performance issues. Suggest you wait for that and then see how it goes.

Comment actions Permalink
    ALFREDO ALEGRETT

I should add:

5) Using Luminar 3 you can NOT use other SKYLUM products as plugins. I am an HDR photographer and would love to select all bracketed pictures and send them to Aurora HDR for editing as I can do on Lightroom.

Geoffrey Hahn

Before I comment, I want to say that I am in no way affiliated with Skylum Software, other than as a customer.  That being said, the software was released 7 weeks 2 days ago.  It definitely has problems, and the Skylum team has been open about this.  For your specific issue where you've spent hours editing a photo to lose all of your edits, then cannot export the image, I would say close the program completely periodically, and close it when you've finished your edits.  Reopen the program and see if you can now export the image.  I say this because in my own testing, it appears that memory management is currently not being done very well.  You can find my post on this down below on this page.  If you choose to read that post, note that I don't complain, and I don't use derogatory language.   I try to stay positive when contacting any software support department.  Why?  They're human and they're under extreme stress.  They know that this release, while successful for them, hasn't been successful for a portion of their customers.  Oh, and have you seen the reports about the latest Windows 10 update?  Even the largest software companies can blow a release, and Skylum is far, far smaller than Microsoft.  Try and be patient, and see what the next update (due any day now) does to resolve your specific problems.  If you continue to have problems, be concise and specific, and post each issue in a separate post so they can be tracked and addressed properly - don't just lump several general complaints into one post.  That' pretty much a guarantee that you won't get a response - that's true of pretty much any software company, not just Skylum.

OK, I'm off the soapbox now.  I hope you can have a nice evening.

Dirk Müllerke

week for week skylum says:Next week!

Geoffrey Hahn

I call bs on you, Dirk.  Please prove me wrong,though, and post links to each and every Skylum post since 12/18 that says an update is coming next week.  That's a total of 7-8 posts, so it shouldn't take you too long.  Have a nice day!

Helena Carter

Hi Dirk, Geoffrey.

We're really sorry for making you wait, I know how frustrating it is. Initially the promised period was the end of January-beginning of February. So, we will keep our promise and the update will be delivered next week.

Best regards

michael durkin

It seems like they've had lots of reports of problems with the new version from those that have downloaded it and decided to postpone letting it out to others while they fix them?  This is surely the right thing to do?

Robert Chlup

New Version same Problems .

Slow to read Pictures 

Changes never "ending" loading to the DAM 

No Handbook for German ( Page not found)

The Software is unusable .

I am no PAYING BETA TESTER !

So deinstallation Luminar3 and back to Lightroom.

bye bye Skylum

I hope for many paying BETA TESTER

Geoffrey Hahn

I saw the above post and thought for a moment that the update had been released.  Nope, it hasn't been released yet.

Geoffrey Hahn

Oh, Skylum, I'm not complaining about the release schedule.  I like your software and am using it daily.  Sure, it has some issues, but you're working on resolving them.  I have faith in you!

K.G. Wuensch

@michael, how often have you seen Skylum do the right thing regarding releasing unfinished software? I have been around since mid 2017 and I can say that I haven‘t seen a single problem free release except for the first Luminar Neptune. Even the first update to that they botched... Do I have full confidence that they will go ahead and push the unfinished 3.0.2 instead of admitting that they need to go back to the drawing board, drop the ludicrous „we‘re better and cheaper than Lightroom“, and then come back at the end of 2019 with a hopefully polished and functioning version.

As long as the flawed release clogs up the support and development they‘ll be forced from one bad botch into the next...

michael durkin

michael, how often have you seen Skylum do the right thing regarding releasing unfinished software? 

Yes, I have to admit; er not much - but one lives in hope - hope that the delay in rolling this fab new, now finally working update was first rolled out to a few farmer types in Australia and Canada, in the fond hope that they obviously don't know their arses from their elbows - sort of using them as lab rats in order to iron out any problems before presenting this 'finally, wev'e cracked it!' to us sophisticated types that shop in Supermarkets and have bathrooms connected to the drains.

Colin Grant

Helena - how would you define the beginning of Feb? It is the10th today and there are only 28 days in the month. I would respectfully suggest that somewhere in the first week would truly be at the beginning of Feb, anything later and perhaps you should be saying the first half of Feb?

Kirk Osborn

The update will be released within the next 4 days. Stay tuned. 

michael durkin

Honestly Colin, really, please read?

'The update will be released within the next 4 days. Stay tuned'. 

Thank you Kirk, we are all agog.- well, half agog any way..

Colin Grant

Please read what exactly, Michael? :-) I asked what Skylum's definition of the beginning of  Feb was given where we are in the month now. In fact in 4 days it will be 14th which is mid not early Feb. My point is it is bound to create anxiety if unrealistic or confusing dates or are given.

michael durkin

Colin,

I do apologise. It was meant to be 'a witty joke'. Obviously it fell flat on it's face. Once again, I apologise.

Colin Grant

Don't worry Michael, I'm having a bad day anyway so more likely my own fault :-) It would be good if my days were filled with optimism re Luminar but regrettably that is not the case. May be I'll be proven wrong eh!

Please sign in to leave a comment.