Luminar 3 Update has arrived - 3.0.2

Comments

19 comments

Duc Vu Anh

Hi Kim, would you mind to share a link in email (mine is mr.vuanhduc@gmail.com). I am looking for windows version. Thank you soo much.. Just can't wait. Best. Duc

Comment actions Permalink
    Maryna Skylum

Hi Kim,

It's an early access for some users.

The actual update will be released within a week.

Colin Grant

Not arrived in the UK yet. Is there a link anywhere for Mac?

Colin Grant

Maryna, could you explain for the benefit of us all why some get early access and how they are chosen?  We all paid the same money! If memory serves it was Australia last time as well.

Anders Svensson

I received a mail from Skylum a few hours ago saying that 3.0.2 "is now available exclusively to users in Canada" (where I'm not, and which hasn't annexed Australia as far as I'm aware), and that the rest of us would get it "within the next two weeks".

A little different from the "within 10 days" that various representatives have been repeating for at least a week after the end of January didn't pan out, or from Maryna's "within a week".

No one knows when it'll be, obviously.

Kim Austin

The odd thing is that I didn't receive an email advising it was available.  I just checked for updates (wishful thinking activity I do regularly) and was surprised to see that a new update was available. It certainly seems poor form of Skylum to give some access and others not.

Kim Austin

@Colin 
    I just don't get this. As if their reputation wasn't bad enough, then they pull this. I could understand, maybe, if they gave access over a period of a day or two, to save the servers going down.  But this seems ludicrous.

Kim Austin

@Duc -- I didn't receive an email.  Just happened to  check for updates and there it was. 

Jim West

No email for me either. I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and got the update notice when I opened Lum 3 this morning. Total surprise ..But it was NOT a seamless update...it crashed first off...then froze and I had to force quit a few times. In desperation I finally had to delete all of my old libraries and build a new one (19K photos!). It seems ok now but more wasted time. 

Luminar 3 is not even close to being usable as a LR/PS replacement. I like it as a plugin but nothing more. An I am even gun shy now about it being a stable plug-in since it crashed this morning when using it out of LR.

Jim West

Perhaps us Canadians are being used because we are so polite and our brains are frozen from the recent -40 cold snap that we won't complain...then they can blame us!   :) .  :( .   Well nice try because this last update got me really warmed up!!!  

Colin Grant

I really do think Skylum are finished. They need some decent people running it or it will die - and I do not see the CEO going anywhere anytime soon :-(

Kim Austin

@Jim -- well, Canadians and Aussies are cousins by way of the Commonwealth, so maybe our down to earth nature won Skylum over??  :)

David Tillett

I suspect that emails are sent based on the location in your Skylum account but then access is controlled by the IP address that your computer is connected to the Internet by, if this is on the list of addresses linked to one of the chosen countries then the update becomes visible when Luminar checks for upgrades. Even with a link the upgrade won't be visible unless access is believed to be from appropriate country.

On past experience general release has been within 24-48 hours of the pre-release, but if whole point of pre-release is to test delivery mechanism and there is a problem then presumably general release is held back.

I have no idea why certain countries have been selected for the test, first 3 countries alphabetically with reasonable customer base, or for technical reasons that make it easy to restrict access to these countries? Can't be because of frozen brains as been approaching +40 degrees here.

My upgrade went smoothly and everything seems to be working ok with signs of some performance improvements, but then I never had a crash on 3.0.1 and I was doing a lot of messing around trying things out.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

We released a "soft launch" of the update to a few select countries to ensure that everything works well before releasing it worldwide. The update for the rest of the world will be released soon. Thanks for your patience!

Brant Winter

Australian user here. I received my email and updated one of my machines to 3.0.2 and now the new install on a new laptop wont update past 3.0.1.

Australian users were supposed to be early release update customers.

What a joke.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Brant,

Please, make sure you do not use a VPN. Also, please another internet connection.

Brant Winter

Funny.... your other support staff have since told me the 3.0.2 update has been pulled due to even more bugs.

Nothing to do with my internet connection.

Kim Austin

@Maryna -- that's an odd response to Brant. He hadn't mentioned using a VPN.

Denis Kotsee

Sorry if there was any confusion. We've pulled the update after we've discovered the 4 critical issues we mentioned in our recent update.

Please sign in to leave a comment.