I would like to move from Lightroom but I am waiting from Publish services and Smart Folders feature to be added to Luminar DAM.
Is there any plans to implement the feature into Luminar ?
Use case details :
In Lightroom it is possible to define different types of Publish services. I think the most important ones are Flickr and Hard Drive. In my case, I especially use "Hard Drive" publishing service to publish Folders to my NAS where I store finalised photos and share them. In details :
1. I created a Hard drive Publish service in Lightroom that exports photos in JPEG in a folder on my NAS storage (this step is only done once)
2. when I import RAW photos in Lightroom, I also create a Smart folder associated to the that folder (based on the name). Also the Smart folder only contains Flagged photos
3. therefore as soon as I flag my RAW photos they are added automatically to the Smart Folder
4. once I finish developing the photos, I just go to the Smart folder and hit "publish", it will export all photos on my NAS storage (and I can share them or consult them from anywhere)
5. if for some reason I go back to the photos to change the development of some of them, the Smart Folder detects that. It highlights for me the photos that need re-publishing. I just need to hit "Publish" again and the Smart folder will only export/update the modified photos
=> it is a very useful feature (not only used by me, I have at least 3 other friends waiting for it to move from Lightroom). With this feature you never miss exporting a developed photo or a modified photo. And also when you modify photos already exported you don't care about missing exporting them one by one again while developing. You just know that the smart folder will be aware of the changes and will suggest republishing later on
Thanks for your reply !
Please sign in to leave a comment.