Luminar file structure L3

Comments

3 comments

K.G. Wuensch

Since L3 currently is completely unable to read the .lmnr and due to changes to the rendering engine will never be able to correctly interpret them you are beween a rock and a hard place - continue with .lmnr and hope that Luminar 2018 continues to work indefinietly (highly unlikely) or switch to L3 now and hope that you don‘t lose the database connection again (extremely unlikely) and Skylum finally adopts a practice of providing edit continuity (utmost unlikely it seems)... Or export as 16 bit TIFF and hope they are correctly rendered and that you don‘t want to change the basic edit you did ever again...

oscar acevedo

Thanks K.G. Wuensch for the follow up. This is a pain and all I'm trying to do is establish good organizational practice early on. With that said, I'll go ahead and delete the history files since these were created from the previous L3. Is hard to figure out which .state file is associated with photo anyway. Thankfully, my libray is not too big yet. 

For now I'll continue with Luminar for I think there's potential. But if this continues, I'll jump ship. 

K.G. Wuensch

I don‘t think the chaotic storage approach Luminar uses is conceptually conductive to a good organizational practice - for that it should have been much better structured from the get go and they shoudn‘t have abandoned the .lmnr unless they switched to an industry standard .xmp...

Edit: at the moment there is no clear path of recovering from a database corruption which all too easily happens...

Please sign in to leave a comment.