Comments

4 comments

Alan Tyrer

Nvidia Quatro K2000

18143 mb

Mem free 1730

Comment actions Permalink
    Alan Tyrer

Update on Skylum response to this issue.

My conversation with technical support. I hoped for better than this.

"

Hello Marynya

So the best suggestion you have at the moment is that I "Remove the Luminar Catalog folder." You do realize  that creating a new log file destroys all my edits and work.

Rather than do that I would expect a mature tested update from Skylum that would fix the bugged Skylum software you released on unsuspecting Australian and Canadian customers last weekend.

If this is not done soon I will be forced to go back to lightroom licking my wounds.
    Your solution is not acceptable.

Thanks
    Alan Tyrer

Sent: Monday, 11 February 2019 11:16 PM
    To: Alan Tyrer
    Subject: Re: Urgent: Luminar 3

Hi Alan,

Thank you for reaching us.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

Please, try reinstalling your Luminar Catalog:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Remove the Luminar Catalog folder.

After that, you'll be able to create a new catalog (File - Catalog - New). 

Note that the albums you created in Luminar and edits you made will be removed. Your photos on disk won't be affected in any way.

Please, let us know how it works.

Best regards,

Maryna
    Skylum Support Team
    Great Photography Differently
    Web: www.skylum.com
    Connect on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 2:16 PM, Alan Tyrer <a-tyrer@hotmail.com> wrote:
    Name: Alan Tyrer
    Email: a-tyrer@hotmail.com

Description: Windows 64bit. (0% updating image gallery and goes no further).The Luminar 3.0.2 upgrade did not work on my Windows 7 64 bit machine with Intel i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz with 32 GB ram. It will not load. The older version 3 was slow and unstable also. 2018 version is slow but stable. My system ran the previous version of lightroom extremely well. Performance Information and Tools More details about my computer Component Processor Memory (RAM) Graphics Gaming graphics Primary hard disk Windows 7 Professional Details System   Manufacturer Model Total amount of system memory System type Number of processor cores Storage   Total size of hard disk(s) Disk partition (C:) Disk partition (D:) Disk partition (E:) Media drive (F:) Disk partition (G:) Graphics   Display adapter type Total available graphics memory       Dedicated graphics memory       Dedicated system memory       Shared system memory Display adapter driver version Primary monitor resolution DirectX version Network   Network Adapter Notes   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz 32.0 GB NVIDIA Quadro K2000 18015 MB Total available graphics memory 95GB Free (233GB Total) file:///C:/Users/Alan/AppData/Local/Temp/PrintPreview.hta Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z87X-HD3 32.0 GB RAM 64-bit operating system 4 2661 GB 95 GB Free (233 GB Total) 46 GB Free (99 GB Total) 1742 GB Free (1863 GB Total) CD/DVD 337 GB Free (466 GB Total) NVIDIA Quadro K2000 18143 MB 2048 MB 0 MB 16095 MB 23.21.13.9133 2560x1440 DirectX 10 Subscore 7.8 7.8 7.3 7.3 7.9 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Alan Tyrer

A good news update.

Luminar 3 is now fast responsive and stable on my computer thanks to Maryna (Luminar technical support).

This is what worked.

Sent: Tuesday, 12 February 2019 4:45 AM
    To: Alan Tyrer
    Subject: Re: Re: Urgent: Luminar 3

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Navigate to where your catalog is stored.
    3. Locate the Backups folder in the catalog and open it.
    4. In the Backups folder, select a file that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and copy the file somewhere where you can easily access it.
    5. Rename the file you just copied by adding the following after the file name (omit quotes): '.luminar'.
    6. Start Luminar.
    7. Click File > Catalog > Open > point Luminar to the file from Step 5.
    Let us know how it works.

Best regards,

Maryna

Maryna Skylum

Hi Alan,

Great to hear everything is fine now!

Feel free to contact us at support@skylum.com if any questions arise.

Please sign in to leave a comment.