HDR Panorama Stiching after Aurora 2019

Comments

4 comments

Denis Kotsee

>the algorithm for HDR works on every image relatively taking into account the dark's and highlight's

You're correct, for more consistent results I'd recommend the following workflow:

1. Stitch your panorama.
    2. If its long edge is longer than 15K px, resize the image so that the long edge is within the 15K range.
    3. Process the panorama in Aurora.
    4. Postprocess in LR/PS if necessary.

Currently in Aurora there's a cap at 15K px on the long edge meaning that an image has to fit it in order for Aurora to be able to export it. We'll remove this limitation in the future but at the moment I don't know when exactly that's going to happen.

Remaldeep Singh

Thank you for replying. This leads me to the second question:

How do you reliably stitch the panorama shots for different brackets? i.e the same warping for all the bracketed shots?
    It has happened in the past, that, after stitching the different brackets together, the three panoramic images I get do not overlap perfectly (stretching and other issues) and HDR algorithm messes up.

I am good with any reliable solution if there is one. LR/PS?

Denis Kotsee

You could try using a single image to produce the HDR effect, it's entirely possible to get good results in Aurora. As for a reliable way to get three panoramas to overlap, unfortunately, I don't know of any good solutions. Perhaps others on the forum cold help?

Richard MacDonald

My workflow is as follows:

1. I do my entire panorama with the same bracketing settings. Use a tripod.

2. Use Aurora in batch mode to process the bracketed images. I use the same settings in Aurora for the entire set.

3. Use Hugin (http://hugin.sourceforge.net/) for the panorama. It has a learning curve, but it is flexible. It will align the images and adjust the colors to blend.

I have been doing panoramas for years, but only a couple of months with Aurora. Here are my results so far: http://www.clevercaboose.com/2019/06/02/sebago-resort-dewinterizing-memorial-2019/

Please sign in to leave a comment.