I stick with it because I like what it can do....

Comments

6 comments

Tony Collins

10 minutes later - fourth time

Comment actions Permalink
    Tony Collins

I have all my toes crossed as well.

See - we *really* want this to be good successful software. The functionality is superb. Fix the bugs and it will be world beating.

Raymond Griffiths

I like what it does, too. The problem is getting it to do it without crashing. I don’t have much hair left to tear out.

Colin Grant

That is why I use it as a Lr plugin. But I have to say I have experienced no crashes of any significance when testing it stand-alone. I was playing with DxO, ON1 and Luminar last night and despite the tech edge that DxO has I managed to get pretty much equivalent results in a fraction of the time - Luminar is so easy to use. Maybe the images won't stand up to scrutiny by the pixel peeping brigade but who generally looks at images that closely? ON1 2019.2 surprised me as it was so fast around the dam and again the results were good but no way as easy to get to as Luminar - I have always found the ON1 workflow unfriendly and whilst 2019 is better it still does not sit comfortably with me. So Luminar could be everything but I am suspicious, will they ever get the bugs ironed out and create stable software. Luminar 2018 was getting there but they broke that with L3. This next update will be an important one for me, and possibly Skylum's future me thinks.

Anna V

Hi Everyone, 

We are extremely sorry for the inconveniences caused. 

We are releasing the update quite soon, it is targeted to resolve the performance issues. 

Colin Grant

All our fingers are crossed, Anna. Thanks :-)

Please sign in to leave a comment.