Bracketed images not being seen as bracketed when "edit in" Aurora from Lightroom

Comments

16 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Doug,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs, otherwise it would be quite difficult to troubleshoot it. Please send us a detailed step-by-step description of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. You can also make a screen recording: 

https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Please, send us the image files. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the email to support@skylum.com

Also, please, send them the link to this thread.

Best Regards

Vaughn Dunham

I'm having the exact same problem. When highlighting several photos in Lightroom, right clicking and choosing edit in Aurora 2019, Aurora opens one file at a time instead of merging them all into a single file. To get it to work, I have to highlight the images and drag them onto the Aurora 2019 icon. Then, after saving the edited file, I have to synchronize the folder to import the file back into Lightroom. 

Maryna Skylum

Please, try reinstalling Aurora. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag Aurora from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Aurora, mark all the files and folders in the list, except for DPA6233TPQ.com.macphun.aurorahdr2019, as shown in the screenshot below:

Vaughn Dunham

I followed the directions but still have the same problem. Of the multiple bracketed photos exported from Lightroom, Aurora will only open one photo at a time to edit as a single image. Once that image is closed it will open the next image and repeat that until all of the photos have been individually opened or individually canceled. It will not combine the bracketed images into one file.

Leila Evans

@Vaughn Dunham - Please right-click on brackets and choose Export - Aurora HDR 2019 - Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments or Open Source Files 

Doug Long

I'll make a screen recording but Vaughn Dunham step by step is spot on. To recreate:

1. In Lightroom, highlight the (3) images you want to create an HDR with

2. Right Click >Edit In > Aurora HDR 2019

3. Does not bring all three in at the same time, only one image appears, cancel, next image appears, cancel again and the 3rd and last image appears

Link to screen copy: https://s3.amazonaws.com/vivid-efx-videos/Aurora+HDR+Issue.mov 

The "Export" method described by Leslie Evans above this post, does appear to work

Leila Evans

@Doug Long - Could you please keep using this method while we investigating Edit In issue?

Doug Long

@Leila Evans - Sure thing

Phil Hurd

Hi @Doug Long

I have never used EDIT IN when transferring files between Lightroom & Aurora and I don't think it should be recommended.

I just tried it and got some very strange results initially, which may be due to the way that Lightroom stacks images, I don't know. I had a play with the External Editor settings in Lightroom Preferences and I did manage to send all 3 images over to Aurora 2019 and merge them using EDIT IN. Trouble is that once merged, you then have to save the file and re-import it back into Lightroom, which seems a huge amount of hassle when there is already a Plugin to do the job for you (EXPORT >AURORA HDR 2019)

Using EXPORT >AURORA HDR 2019 - (with or without Lightroom adjustments), works very well and returns the merged image to the Lightroom Library, automatically saved. So I'm a bit confused over why you would ever need to use EDIT IN, its an inferior way of doing things.

Doug Long

Not sure why you would consider it Inferior, It's standard practice and have been using that method for years IE: EDIT IN Photoshop as Layers, If it's so Inferior, then why is it listed in the EDIT IN Dropdown?

Phil Hurd

OK, I'm only trying to help @Doug Long

Phil Hurd

@Doug Long these are my settings in Lightroom Preferences >External Editing (attached). Yoi may want to check your settings

Using this works fine for me but its a bit of a long-winded way to do things. Using the Plug-in gives a more integrated workflow.

Doug Long

@ Phil Hurd. Thanks, Phil, appreciate the help and hope I didn't come across not appreciative... 

Phil Hurd

You came over as a bit challenging @Doug Long its probably a cultural thing :-)

Vaughn Dunham

Now I know there is both an "Edit In" and "Export to" when right clicking. Using the export command works well. Not sure why there's both, but I guess the edit in command is for a single photo. Thanks for all the help! 

Phil Hurd

Hi @Vaughn Dunham The EDIT IN menu option is standard function of Adobe Lightroom. By configuring this in PREFERENCES > EXTERNAL EDITORS, you can send an image to any Photo processing software.

The EXPORT >AURORA HDR 2019 (or Export >Luminar 3) command is supplied by Skylum as part of their Plugin software to make the transfer and return of the images an integrated process. So when in Aurora and you go to AURORA HDR 2019 >INSTALL PLUGINS choose Adobe Lightroom, this installs the Plugin into Lightroom (which isn't there as standard).

When you go back to Lightroom and choose FILE >PLUG-IN MANAGER, you should see it installed and running (see attached screenshot). The Plugin is designed to be a better way of doing things than using the Edit In command.

Don't know if that explains it or not!

Please sign in to leave a comment.