Luminar 3 Library Reconcilation

Comments

23 comments

Phil Hurd

That's interesting. Mine is spot on.

Comment actions Permalink
    Denis Kotsee

@John West could you please let us know the following:

1. Did you add all the folders on your screenshot in one go?
    2. Did you close Luminar while it was adding photos to the library?
    3. Did the total number of images match when you loaded your folders in Luminar for the first time?
    4. Did you remove any folders from Luminar via right-click > Remove from catalog?
    John West

Hi Denise,

Thanks very much for the prompt reply:

1. No initially I only added 'Pictures', others were added on different days.

2. No waited full time then checked sub folders and viewed images.

3. Can't really remember however it has been out of sync for a while.

4. Yes there were empty sub folders in 'Pictures' which were also empty in Finder, emptying them did not alter count. I have left '.rw2' folder as I was going to add all my RAW images.

Any suggestions?

John

Maryna Skylum

Please, try reinstalling Luminar. We recommend doing a full uninstall with AppCleaner. AppCleaner is a free app that automatically removes not only applications but also the related files, making 'clean' uninstall easy.

• Download AppCleaner from here (click this text to open link).
    • Install AppCleaner and start it.
    • Drag Luminar from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders in the list, except for DPA6233TPQ.com.macphun.luminar3.
    • Once you've uninstalled Luminar, restart your Mac and download a fresh version of Luminar from here (click this text to open link).
    John West

Hi Maryna

Thanks for the reply, Deleted all with AppCleaner as above, Emptied Trash, then Restarted. I noticed that the Luminar Catalog Folder was still present before Reinstalling L3. [Probably OK as it contained my previous edit history]. Reinstalled L3 from the link and waited for all steps to complete.

However my All Photos count = 3632 but the Folder Total = 3626 - out of balance before adding, deleting or importing other images. Any suggestions, will data-base go out of sync or do I live with it?. I also noticed that Master Album was created immediately [I did not drag any images in after reinstalling].

Screen shots attached.

John West

Gremlins in my MacBook Pro.

After opening and shutting L3 a couple of times I now notice that my Masters Folder has been populated (12,602) without me doing anything but browse images. Did it automatically drag these from iPhotos or Photos Library NOTE count is now way out.

Any solution please.

John

John West

ps on my initial loading of L3 I selected User/User Name/Pictures as the source and have realised that .lmnr Folder and Digital Library Folder were also bought across on initial setup, even though they do not appear in my Pictures. 

Denis Kotsee

Hi John, could you please let me know the following:

1. How did you add the Masters folder to your library? Did you use 'add folder', or 'import'?
    2. Please send us your catalog file (the default location is %username%\Pictures\). There should be a folder named Luminar Catalog, send us Luminar Catalog.luminar file from it.

You can upload the file to wetransfer.com and post the link in a comment here, or send it to us via the support contact form here: http://skylum.com/support

Leila Evans

@John West Our tech team is currently investigating this issue. Hope, there will be a fix shortly.

Phil Hurd

Just to add to the above. In my Library, all of my images add up i.e. I have the same number of images in my Folders as I do in my Albums. So no issues with the Maths.

However I have noticed a strange effect where some of my top level Albums are 'Greyed-Out' even though they have sub-folders containing images.

Looking at the attached screenshot you will see that the main Album Folder 'UK' is greyed out and there is no image count, however the sub-folders have a lot of images in them. There are one or two empty sub-folders however. Clicking on the top-level 'UK' Album reveals a blank screen.

Looking at my 'EUROPE' Album, it is not Greyed-Out, has lots of images, has an image count and yet it also has a number of empty sub-folders. Clicking on the top-level 'Europe' Album shows all of the subordinate images.

Seems like a bug?

ATB, Phil

Colin Grant

Mine is wrong too. It balanced when there were 5 pics in trash but once I deleted those it went out of balance. This makes the Library very doubtful in terms of image security does it not? It also seems to be including Albums in the count - is that intended?

Colin Grant

Just did a test and it is not counting the albums and probably was not counting deleted either. So total photos =1905 whilst photos in folders = 1898.

Leila Evans

@Phil Hurd - Could you please let us know formats and resolution of the images in the folder with 0?

@Colin Grant - Our tech team is working on a fix. Sorry for the inconveniences. 

Phil Hurd

SONY ARW (RAW) files and a mixture of 4928x3276 and 6048 x 4024 resolurion

Phil Hurd

Hi Leila, I've also noticed another phenomenon.

If you look at the 'EUROPE' Top-level Folder in the attached screenshot, it has 1072 images. However if you look at the sub-folders below (France, Italy, Poland etc.) they have a total number of images that add up to 6650 images! In fact only France has 1072 images. It looks to me as if the formula is maybe incorrect. Its not a huge inconvenience at the moment, just thought it worth investigating.

John West

Hi Denis Kotsee

Answers: 1/ As per my answer to Maryna 1 day ago, I did not add the Masters Folder this time it just appeared as did the others after deleting L3 etc. and downloading a new copy from your link. When restarting I used the L3 suggested Path; Users>Johnwest>Pictures as shown on the Finder screenshot above. NOTE I did not add any other folders, they just appeared as per second screen shot. (Previously I added the other folders .lmnr, .rw2, Digital Library and Masters, but not this time after I deleted all files except DPA6333TPQ.com....)

2/ Luminar Catalog.Luminar (7.6 MB  not attached) (! You can only upload images (jpeg, gif or png). Image uploads are limited to 2 MB.) Will try to ZIP file then try. First try = 3.2 MB, trying more compression. No luck still 2.3 MB. Will try Dropbox and send you the link.

Cheers

John

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi @John West,

Thank you for your responses.

Please try Dropbox and send us the link to this thread too.

Your cooperation is highly appreciated. 

Hi @Phil Hurd,

We will be very grateful if you could contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  so we could investigate the issue in a proper way, please send the link to this thread too.

Phil Hurd

@Anna Veres Info. sent to Customer Support as requested

John West

Hi Anna Veres and others

Thanks for all the replies; when the new version 3.0.2 comes out (next week) should I again delete all files except DPA6333TPQ.com.... and reinstall L3 or just wait and see if the count corrects itself OR perhaps delete and reinstall after version 3.1.0.

Thoughts

John West

Hi All

It appears I have answered my own question. Purposely I have not added or edited and photos for a few days to see what happened. Just downloaded the latest version 3.0.2  [lucky me in Australia] and when installed it updated the image gallery (see screen shots white updating and when completed.). Unfortunately the count has NOT corrected itself, plus a couple of other folders came across. Guess I should delete all as before and start again.

Helena Carter

Hi John,

Please, try removing your Luminar 3 Catalog and add all the folders again. I don't know if it works for you since all your albums will be removed and it's kind of frustrating, but this way we will see if the issue remains. To remove Luminar Catalog:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Remove the Luminar Catalog folder.

Note that the albums you created in Luminar and edits you made will be removed. Your photos on disk won't be affected in any way.

John West

Hi Helena

Thank you for setting me on the right path, now happy as the count is correct. Renamed L. Catalog Folder and restarted L3, I took a screen recording in case it failed (12:27 minutes long). For your information it took 9:53 from the start of updating images till it finished adding 41,458  photos (MacBook Pro Mid 2012, 2.5 GHz Core i5, 16GB memory 1 TB SSD). Will add other folders at a later date.

Now my question for someone is: Can I safely go to any of my L3 folders e.g. Photos Library.photoslibr... > Resources > Version > 0f then edit any photos as I would do in Apple Photos or should I keep my hands off the Photos Library. I think it should be OK.

Thoughts

Angela Andrieux

Hi John,

You should be ok to work with the photos that are in your Luminar Library. 

However, please note that opening the Photos package is not recommended by Apple. While it does take up more space, the better solution is to copy (not move) your Masters folder to a new location and then point Luminar to that folder. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.