Luminar 3 plugin from Aurora 2019 not working

Comments

19 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Edward,

This will be fixed in one of the upcoming updates. Aurora HDR 2019 was released prior to Luminar 3 and is attempting to call Luminar 2018 rather than Luminar 3.

In the meantime I suggest exporting your image as a TIFF and then either adding it to your library in Luminar 3 or using the Quick Edit mode to make your edits.

Comment actions Permalink
    Edward Schmidt

Thank you ūüėé

Phil Hurd

Hi Edward,

There is a fix for this already. From the ROOT of your hard disk, go to /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar3/Plug-Ins. You should see a file Luminar3Plugin.plugin (see screenshot #1).

Copy this plugin file into your own user area, I copied mine to /Users/{your directory}/Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Plug-Ins (you will have to create the Plug-Ins Folder first). You can put it anywhere but its tidier to keep it in the MacPhun Folder.

Next open Aurora 2019 and load a set of images (sample images will do). Create the HDR merge. Go to top menu >Plugins >Other >Open Plugin (see screen shot #2).

Click on Open Plugin and in the Finder Window, navigate to the file you copied i.e.   /Users/{your directory}/Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Plug-Ins/Luminar3Plugin.plugin

Click on the file and OPEN, it will load into Aurora 2019.

Finally when invoking the Luminar 3 Plugin within Aurora 2019, Go to top menu >Plugins >Luminar 3. DO NOT select 'Luminar', as this will just open the Skylum Web Page.

Hope that helps

Screenshot #1

Screenshot #2

Edward Schmidt

Awesome! It works great.

Thank you.

Phil Hurd

Good isn't it!

The only thing that I found strange is that if you invoke the Luminar 3 Plugin from Aurora HDR 2019, you cannot crop the merged image in Luminar, you have to go back to Aurora 2019 to do that.

It should be even better when they get it working the other way i.e. Luminar 3 to Aurora.

BTW, how are you opening your bracketed shots? I choose the 3 images in the Luminar 3 catalogue and then drag and drop them on to the Aurora HDR 2019 dock icon, which opens Aurora.

Edward Schmidt

Another great suggestion! Life is good now.

Thank you. That about does it for Lightroom from this user :)

Donna Miller

Phil Hurd thank you so much! It works great, what a time-saver from having to find the file and load it up into Luminar 3.
    Geoff Pengilly

I don't seem to have Aurora HDR 2019 or Luminar 3 in my Macphun folder which is why the plugins aren't working I'm guess. where do I get these from?

I seem to have Luminar but not Luminar 3's plugin.

Phil Hurd

Are you looking in the right place Geoff?

The original Plugins are in {Your Hard Drive}/Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar3/Plug-Ins.

NOT IN {Your Hard Disk}/Users/{your directory}/Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Plug-Ins

Phil

Brian Ludden

I am having the same problem. This programs has been a nightmare to get up and running.  I am running windows. Everything I select the plugin for lumiar it opens to the skylum webpage.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Brian,

Aurora HDR 2019 needs to be updated before it can support Luminar 3. While we're preparing the update, you can try the following solution:

1. Open a photo in Aurora.
    2. Click Plugins >  Other > Open Plugin.
    3. Navigate to the folder where your copy of Luminar 3 is installed. By default it's C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3.
    4. Double-click Luminar3.8bf. Luminar 3 should open as a plugin in Aurora.
    Daniel Beihoff

Hello Angela, when will this update be released? Luminar 4 is on the horizon and I feel as though I've wasted money on a frustratingly expensive suite that doesn't pass my photos to and from as advertised.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Daniel! I am afraid there is no info on Aurora HDR 2019 update yet. Stay tuned!

Petras Baronas

With the same problem here. Looks like  AuroraHDR 2019 can't find plugin of Luminar 3 and redirects to the Apple store /older Luminar version and this causes an error. Can be this addressed to misconnection between Apple Sore and Skylum's account? That's is very bad. Very frustrating. It kills creativity. Waiting for the update.

Phil Hurd

@Petras, I suspect that you have not installed the Luminar 3 Plugin correctly. If you look at my post (9 months ago) in this thread, it shows you how to do it. If you choos the 'LUMINAR' Plugin from AuroraHDR, then it will re-direct you to the Sklum Website. If you have installed the Plugin correctly, you shold be able to see 'LUMINAR 3' in the Plugin menu (see screenshot below)

Anna V

Hi Petras,

If you have the AppStore version of Luminar 3 or Aurora HDR 2019, please contact us

http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll be happy to provide you with the full version of the app.

Due to AppStore restrictions, our apps(the AppStore versions of our apps) can't be used as a plugin. 

Petras Baronas

@Phil, I tryed. But finaly it looks like I even don't have this "Plugins choice in my Aurora. Thank you! I really appreciate your input.

Petras Baronas

@ Anna thank you for the explanation. Yes, that can be an issue! I took my upgrade version of Luminar 3 from Skylum when Aurora 2019 originally came stacked with an older version of Skylum from AppStore. I will contact Skylum /support directly for the new version of Aurora. Now I have the hope that this can help. Cheers!

Petras Baronas

After getting Aurora HDR 2019 straight from Skylum everything works perfectly. Now I have " Plugins" option and can reach my Luminar 3. Thank you!

Please sign in to leave a comment.