Luminar 3, same response, next update will be better... 

Comments

65 comments

K.G. Wuensch

@Colin, I am not attacking him personally, just his style of photography has no connection with mine and thus I am not in the slightest interested in his take on my images - because given his preferences he would ruin them. I am an educator myself, have co-written books about cameras and have worked as technical editor on quite a few more books - and still I wouldn't dare impose my style of editing on anyone not asking. And I am not asking for his input on my images, nor the opinion of the Skylum support. When I sent in one image because Luminar had several rendering errors show up with it (that was Luminar Neptune back then) I got snarky remarks back from their support defending the bugs because my image didn't exceed the full extent of the cameras dynamic range and thus was completely devoid of any need for HDR processing...

Comment actions Permalink
    Colin Grant

@K if you cannot see how you come across then there is little point in me trying to tell you. Many of us are completely p'd off with Luminar. I know that come 3.0.2 there is a very real chance that I will be out for the software currently is rubbish imo and I have much better alternatives. Robert however is just tying to help and is probably blissfully unaware of the Skylum history. If you do not want that help ignore/refuse it. Others might appreciate Robert's efforts and of course there are others who despite your own views still love the product.

michael durkin

This is all gettiing a bit OTT. Now we've started attacking each other..

Winfield Terry

Agreed, I don't support the personal attacks on motives or photography/editing capabilities.  

If I remember correctly from another post the update was supposed to come out 2/9 so let's see if they hit the deadline.  

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

K.G. Wuensch

@Winfield - our Canadian and Australian friends already have early access to that version. Early reports don't sound any different than expected: no major improvements, possibly even new enhanced instability on MacOS (so that the Windows users don't feel left alone)...

Please sign in to leave a comment.