A Couple of Questions I've Not Found Answers To For Luminar 3

Comments

4 comments

Colin Grant

You can restore to the original state - see below screen shot (Mac). My take and hope is that you don't have a snowflakes chance in hell of seeing a Linux version. There are enough issues and development to be dealt with on Windows and Mac. As for Wine, is that not a question for the Wine developers?

Steve Ratts

Hi Robert,

The answer to your first question is fairly simple. In the Edit mode there are three small icons just below the Library button. From left to right they are a toggle for showing/hiding the histogram, a toggle for showing/hiding the layers interface, and lastly a pull down for History (note the small "v" next to the icon). If you click on the History icon you'll see a complete history of all the edits you've done in the sequence you've done them and can click on any of these to return to that state. "Original" will be the bottom most in the list, but there is also an "Original" button in the upper left which is handy if the list of edits is long.

Sorry, but I don't know answers to your other questions.

Cheers,

Steve

Denis Kotsee

Hi Robert,

>how can I configure Luminar to open GIMP 2.10 as my advanced editor?

There's no option to invoke another editor from Luminar, so you'll need to export files as TIFFs in order to load them in GIMP. Luminar currently exports TIFFs in 8 and 16 bit, we don't plan to implement 32 bit in the nearest future. We also don't have any plans for native Linux support.

Michael Sonshine

> Luminar currently exports TIFFs in 8 and 16 bit,

It would be nice if there was some way to configure the type and color depth of images being sent to Photoshop and Lightroom as well as when they are strictly exported. It seems odd as it is now because if I am editing a jpg in L3 and send it to PS I end up with a tiff.

Please sign in to leave a comment.