Using Luminar with plugins

Comments

12 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

There are some known issues with plugin functionality at the moment. They will be addressed in the next update (3.0.2) at the end of January/early February.

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Sonshine

Thank you for letting me know.

Kim Belza

Hi

I see issues with my Nik plugins, they work in Luminar 2018, but in Luminar 3 it just shows a red screen

Maryna Skylum

@Kim

I understand your frustration and I`m really sorry this situation happened.

Our developers are aware of this issue and are working around the clock right now to get this resolved.

We will keep you updated. 

Thanks so much for bearing with us while we fix this.

Mark Kugel

Are the plugin issues been solved with upcoming Luminar 4 ?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mark,

Luminar 3 currently works with most 3rd-party Photoshop plugins. If you're having issues with a plugin, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help.

Michael Sonshine

I posted this about 7 months ago and was assured it would be addressed in upcoming releases. I am now on 3.1.2 and I still have the exact same issues - PTLens does not run and L3 displays a white screen and Dxo ViewPoint 3 runs, but returns but L3 displays a black screen. 

As far as I can see absolutely nothing has been done to address these issues.

As far as I can tell this is the only place where I can submit an issue like this. I tried going to the L3 site to report this (again) as an issue, but there does not seem to be any "Submit a Bug" link and the "Contact Skylum" link only takes me to an area to submit non-technical issues. The web page specifies: 

Questions related to installing, updating, reinstalling, and troubleshooting. 

This is none of those, so where am I supposed to report this issue?

Markus Ottiger

You happy man! Most of the plugins work. I am on Windows and have no plugins at all, although it was promised that the Windows version will be on par with the Mac version. I would like to use Luminar 3 as a host for NIK plugins (on Windows).

I do not know if I can hope yet.

Helga Rowles

Hi Michael, please scroll down and select Technical support:

Helga Rowles

Hi Markus, we're constantly working on minimizing the differences between the Mac and Windows versions of Luminar, but some features are more difficult to add because of technical differences between the platforms.

Michael Sonshine

@Helga Rowles

The Technical Support entry is what I used, but the explanation when entering your request specifically states that it is only for 

Questions related to installing, updating, reinstalling, and troubleshooting.

as I posted above. This is not an install, update, reinstall or troubleshooting question so apparently does not belong in that location.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

You can also submit your request via support@skylum.com

Please sign in to leave a comment.