Luminar3; Can I remove a folder that I added to the Library?

Comments

6 comments

Guy Meacham

If you are a windows user then no! Once you add a folder to the library in the current version it's there forever. If you change the path or even delete the folder in file manager it still stays there grayed out in Luminar, no in app delete option.

It's just another one of the things on the ever growing list of promised late January fixes.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Steve,

As Guy mentioned this will be fixed in the next update.

In the meantime please accept our assurances that we have no access to the images in your library. Your photos are completely private to you. The only time Luminar connects to the internet is when it is run as a trial and when you activate the software. You'll also need a temporary connection run updates. 

Kirk Osborn

Hi Steve,

Please click 'Remove from Catalog' on the folders you want to remove. See the screenshot attached: http://prntscr.com/lvbjc2

To remove a subfolder that's still displaying in your Luminar catalog even though you removed it in the file system:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. In Explorer, navigate to where the removed folder was.
    3. Create an empty folder with the same name as the removed folder.
    4. Start Luminar.
    5. Go back to Explorer and, with Luminar running, remove the folder you created in Step 3. The folder will then disappear from Luminar's library.
    Guy Forssman

Kirk Osborn I think you're running beta software because a right click in Windows 10 doesn't show Remove from Catalog (15feb2019)

Amy Szczygielski

It doesn't show in Mac either.....very frustrating!

Guy Meacham

In 3.0.2 you still cant select and delete an orphaned (grayed out) folder with the mouse but if you highlight the folder you want to delete then you can go and choose delete forever from the toolbar library menu.

Please sign in to leave a comment.