I recently installed Luminar 3 on my Mac, upgraded to 3.0.1 and began editing a bunch of photos for a client, and apparently pushed it too far... it started to lag, then hung, then crashed. And crashed again immediately when restarting the program. Restarting the computer didn't help anything. I contacted support, but as you're aware, they're pretty swamped right now and all I got was the form email response... unhappy camper, but I'm persistent...
I decided to try removing files from the History folder until things got back to normal. Fortunately, I only had to remove 2 files, so lost just a few minutes of editing one photo. Here's what I found:
I used Finder on my Mac to locate the Luminar Catalog folder. Under that, there are two files and a folder called History.
The History folder has dozens (maybe hundreds!) of "state" files that capture the settings and actions taken for each image. It also contains a folder called "resources" which appears to hold copies of images in various states of correction, as well as sidecar files and other things.
I chose Finder's "list" view and sorted on the Date Modified column so that the most recent file was at the top.
I created a new folder called "Luminar Saved History" on my Desktop and moved the most recent "state" file to it,
I then created a "resources" folder under "Luminar Saved History" and moved the newest resources file to it.
Then, with fingers crossed, I launched Luminar 3, and all was well again.
I haven't tried to determine exactly what went wrong, nor have I tried putting those files back to see if I can re-create the issue, but at least I have things working again!
Hope this helps anyone who has run into the same issue.
I also hope that Skylum continues to make frequent bug fix updates. I love this product and the company, and want to stick with it (and them), but not if I can't rely on it.
Please sign in to leave a comment.