Comments

6 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Pat,

If you'd like to post one of your photos here I'm happy to give some specific suggestions.

Off of the top of my head for my own snowy pictures, white balance is a biggie - you don't want your snow to look too yellow (ewww!) or blue. Next, you'll probably need to increase the exposure a bit, but decrease the highlights so you don't lose detail in the snow itself.

If you're looking for something dreamy I suggest playing with the Glow and Image Radiance filters,  I hope that helps!

Pat Mingarelli

Thanks Angela. Yeah, I know what you mean about the blue and the yellow. Lessening the saturation in those seems to help. I have been shooting photos for a long time, but I am new to Aurora. I am looking to make the right adjustments without going overboard. Some of the Aurora landscape pre-sets work well with my non-winter landscapes, but none of the pre-sets seem to work well for snow. I do need to do more study into the software to see if I can get some settings that work well for snow images. I need to find some good tutorials. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Pat,

I like to think of the presets as starting points. If the colors are too vivid in the preset, but you like the other aspects you can decrease overall saturation and/or vibrance, or check out the HSL panel which will allow you to control the hue, saturation, and luminance (brightness) of individual colors. HSL is one of my favorite filters. I hope that helps!

Pat Mingarelli

Thanks Angela!

Perfecture

I might actually make a preset pack around this theme, thanks for the idea, Pat!

Pat Mingarelli

Awesome!

Please sign in to leave a comment.