How to make transparent background?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Steve Ratts

Marcin I don’t think Luminar handles transparent backgrounds. This limitation affects inserting graphical signatures and watermarks. You can find videos that teach how to overcome the limitation in the case of adding a watermark but I don’t think there’s any way to actually deal with let alone create transparency in Luminar. I hope they fix that soon as it’s really annoying at times

Comment actions Permalink
    Marcin Wilczynski

Thanks Steve. You right it’s frustrating. Especially that most competition has it. So, at the moment I use 3 SWs to deal with one photo only.
    Aperture for DAM, Luminar 3 is personally to me too messy and all over the place for it.
    Luminar for editing works mostly as a charm for my needs
    Gimp for transparency
    Awkward

Angela Andrieux

Hi Marcin,

At the moment Luminar doesn't support transparencies. I'll share your request with our developers and hopefully we can add it in the future.

Alan Marks

+1 for this feature. I'm working on photo collages, and can't really see a good workflow for that. I just want to drop in an already trimmed image with a transparent background on to a base image. 

Phil Hayes

Angela

You comment that Luminar does not support transparencies & that "hopefully we can add it in the future." is now 2 years old. I have Luminar 4 & it still seems it is not added. Is it ever going to be added? It is a very badly needed feature

Victoria Grace

Hi  Phil,

We're currently counting all the requests so that we could see what are the most required features for future updates.

So our product team are aware of this transparency feature request and we'll consider adding it in the future. However, there is no ETA for it. Thanks for your understanding.

Please sign in to leave a comment.