No hotkey for brush size?

Comments

8 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Winfield,

We'll add hotkey support in one of the upcoming free updates for Luminar 3. Check out the roadmap for information about other planned features and timelines:

https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

Comment actions Permalink
    Winfield Terry

I'm sure that I am not the only one who thinks your roadmap is completely missing the mark.  You NEED to fix the core functionality of the program before trying to add anything new.  Spending time on these additions when basic editing controls like brush size, ability to properly clone, edit an image after leaving the image and coming back to it, SPEED etc is a waste of developer time.  NONE of the items listed below will help me edit my current images.  You should abandon the roadmap and put all efforts into making Luminar 3 at least work as well as 2018 from an editing standpoint while fixing the catalog issues as well.  Just my $.02 from a frustrated user. 

NEXT UPDATE

• Improved RAW support for the following cameras:

Canon 2000D, 
Hasselblad H6D-100c, 
Nikon D3500, 
Nikon P1000, Nikon Z6, Nikon Z7, 
Panasonic Lumix DC-LX100 II, Fujifilm GFX 50R, Fujifilm X-T3, Sony HX99, Sony RX100 VA, Sony RX100 VI

• Added localizations:

Chinese ZH-HANS, Chinese ZH-HANT, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Italian

• Sync Adjustments

You'll be able to enhance a single image to your liking, and then apply the same edits across all your photos with a single click.

• Info Panel

You'll be able to view EXIF data for your images.

• New LOOKs

Presets become history. Luminar brings a collection of new LOOKs that will allow you to enhance and stylize your images much faster.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Winfield,

We are also working on many those issues as well. Please see this update from our support team: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360037201971-Luminar-3-Update-from-Support-UPDATED-1-8-19

It shows known issues, estimated fix times, and workarounds where available.

K.G. Wuensch

"We'll add hotkey support in one of the upcoming free updates for Luminar 3." will not do, because core functions fail because of the lack of hotkey support. So they are not a convenience item, they are a core functionality that makes or breaks Luminar. And in their current state it's the latter. So tell the people that still want to use Luminar when these fixes are due - the blog post you cited talks about version 3.1.0 - the roadmap lists version 3.0.2. So which one is next and which one fixes all these critical issues.

Angela Andrieux

Hi K.G.

The roadmap was recently updated to provide additional information about what we're doing and what is coming next. 3.0.2 will be the next update, and 3.1.0 will follow.

Javier Falcón

+1 for this. In my case I always expect the shift key plus mouse scroll to produce an increase/decrease in brush size(like e.g. the behaviour in ON1), but all I get instead is a zoom. I firmly believe that nowadays configurable shortcuts for a variety of most useful commands is not complicated to incorporate at all yet this sole capability would potentially really enhance the speed, experience and productivity of editing for most of us users of Luminar.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Javier,

Keyboard shortcuts have been added. You can view the entire list here: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-21-keyboard-shortcuts-for-windows

Javier Falcón

Really thank you Angela! :-)
    Wow, my fault then :-(. I am really sorry, clearly I should have double-checked all the available documentation first before posting. Don't know why but I was overassuming that the mouse scroll would be implicated for sure in the combination. I wouldn't have guessed/expected the chosen hotkeys [], but maybe it's just me and it's a standard in editing programs. The others that I had used up to now used shift+mouse scroll and in my opinion it's very handy if you're right-handed.

Thanks again!

Please sign in to leave a comment.