drastic action

Comments

6 comments

Phil Hurd

Why did you delete the catalogue David? You just need an empty catalogue file, I copied mine somewhere else so that I can re-instate it if I want.

David Burns

There is a thread 'L3 feels like a beta version' in which Nastia Davis (i'm hoping is something to do with Luminar) states to delete the catalogue in certain circumstances. I had just experienced it closing 3 times on startup so followed her advice. It works but leaves you without any folders and all my albums were deleted. Thats no bad thing though as half my albums were greyed out for some reason even though there were images in them. It seems as though some people are losing patience with Luminar and ditching it which is a shame as I think it has potential when they get it running properly.

Phil Hurd

There is another thread somewhere about this. Unfortunately I can't find it! Deleting the catalogue is not necessary especially if you want to go back to it at some point.

I just copied my Luminar Catalogue file somewhere else and then pointed Luminar at an empty catalogue file.

When the 29th December patch was released, I copied my saved catalogue back and all my Albums were there.

David Burns

Oh dear. Spoke too soon. This afternoon Luminar worked fine and I did loads of work on it. When it works it is SO good but I put the Mac to sleep, came back to it and the blooming software has closed 5 times on the trot. It simply won't open now. I'm going to have to shut down and restart and see if that works. It is so frustrating. 

Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

I'm sorry that you had issues with L3 after waking your computer from sleep. If the issue persists please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll investigate.

Also, yes - Nastia Davis is on the Skylum Team :)

Phil Hurd

Quick question David. Why don't you try locking the screen of your MAC, (CTRL+SHIFT+EJECT, is the quick way to do it) rather than putting it to sleep? I used to put my MAC into sleep mode but I had issues with some software, so I stopped doing it.

Phil

Please sign in to leave a comment.