Aurora 2018 free offer and Digital Camera World magazine.

Comments

25 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Alan!
    Don't you have an activation key in your email?
    In this case, please reach us at support@skylum.com with a screenshot proof of your Digital Camera World email.

Comment actions Permalink
    Alan Taylor

Hi Nastia,

I do not have a digital subscription. I am in the UK and I have a copy of the February magazine itself with the offer printed on p72. Shall I provide a scan of the page?

Raymond Shellum

Alan Taylor, I have exactly the same problem. Got the email but no activation key. I have emailed support but received an email stating that due to the high volume of emails they are receiving it may take a while to reply. I am a subscriber to Digital Camera but have no idea what they mean by "your Digital Camera World email". Frustrating!!

Raymond Shellum

Natasha Davis, what do you mean by Digital Camera World email? I subscribe to the magazine monthly and was pleased to see this offer. As Alan Taylor has indicated the download email does not contain an activation key.

Andrew Barnes

I also have the same problem. I get the email but there is no activation key.

Stephen Toft

Exact same issue with me also, I provided the screenshot emails several hours ago with no reply as yet. 

I hope this is resolved soon.

Alan Taylor

I would not hold your breath for a quick response.

At the present time, I think support is overrun with teething problems with the new versions of Luminar and Aurora.

davy hoy

Having the same issue. hope it is sorted soon although I doubt it

Colin Grant

They seem to make even the little thing difficult don't they? I really hope they sort themselves out but have my doubts about that and their longevity. Hope I am proven wrong.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Our support usually replies within 24 hours but due to the surge of incoming mail after the launch, it might take longer. Hope for your understanding. 

Alan Taylor

Hopefully, Support gets their act together. Look at the response from them which was posted over on the dpreview forums;

"Just had a reply to my request for a key!!!!!

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I cannot locate your Aurora HDR purchase, hence you made a purchase using a different email address.

Please verify your purchase by providing me with the email address/order number. I will then provide you with everything you may need to install and activate your Aurora HDR 2018.

Best regards,

You couldn't make this up!"

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62171180

Raymond Shellum

Alan. At least you got a reply all be it useless 😂

Denis Kotsee

Sorry for the mishap, there seems to have been an issue with the form on the website that issues keys. Not all members of the support team were briefed about the issue. The person who replied to your mistakenly thought that you were referring to a copy of Aurora you purchased earlier. Please confirm that the following email we have is correct: ala*******@fastmail.fm is correct. We'll email you your license key.

Alan Taylor

Incidentally, the email quoted in my last post was addressed to GasManSteve, a DPReview member and not myself.

My email address above is correct. But there is also a backlog of potential users both here and over at dpreview.

And Dennis can you remove my email address above, it's fairly obvious what my full address is.

Alan Taylor

Just received my activation key and it works. We got there in the end.

Hope everyone receives their key soon.

Raymond Shellum

Got mine too Alan. Not sure but may need to update graphics drivers

Stephen Toft

Me also, thanks Skylum.

Raymond Shellum

Alan Taylor. Have you managed to run the software. I checked and my gaphics drivers are up to date but using the test images doesn’t seem to work.

Stephen Toft

I have ran the software  fine with no issues. 

Raymond Shellum

Stephen Toft was that in Windows or IOS?

Stephen Toft

Windows, I have the Nvidia 1050gti if I remember correctly. Everything works flawless in my limited trials. 

Raymond Shellum

Thanks Steven👍

Raymond Shellum

Sorry Stephen 🙈

Alan Taylor

Stephen, no problems here; WIN 10, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 updated.

Raymond Shellum

After all the hassle my graphics card won’t run Open GL 3.3 😂😂😂. Uninstall software🙈

Please sign in to leave a comment.