Luminar 2018 and Luminar 3 are unable to launch

Comments

9 comments

Timothy Harnett

I'm still in the same place.  I got it to open but it is hanging on 'Reading File Structure'.  I suspect that it is going to be an issue of killing the library.

Where do I find the library to delete it?

Helena Carter

Hi @Vincent,

Please, send your system info to our Support team providing the link to this thread as well via support@skylum.com

Here's how:

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file to your reply to this email.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sherie Dracup

I have been using Luminar 3 for about a month, with a few issues, like the odd crashing.  But today, the program will not load the libraries.  I am also getting the reading file structure as well.  I have restarted several times, and now I get nothing.  If I click on the library side, it shows a box, but no pictures are visible.  The first time I changed to edit, it showed the picture, but then I clicked on anotherd empty box and no picture.  I did the upgrade.  I have purchased this, and although I am just learning the software and really like it, it has me wondering if I should have waited until the bugs are out.  I am also a WIN 10 user.  Should I do what you suggested to Vincent?  I had originally contacted support on another issue but never received an answer to my second e-mail.   Thanks

Angela Andrieux

Hi Sherie,

Yes, please send us the same info we requested from Vincent.

As for your other email, please accept our apologies for not getting back to you. It looks like we misunderstood your initial question. There is no need to uninstall or re-register since you had access to the early download.

Sherie Dracup

I sent the info and was told to reinstall.  However, a better description of my problem is forum: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360034346311-Luminar-3-cannot-see-photos-in-library

Looking at this post, you can see this issue was supposed to be fixed in release 3.01, but it was not.  I don't think a reinstall will work.  

I sent in screen shots of the issue to support.  Would you be able to find out if they have made any headway in correcting this?

Thanks,

Angela Andrieux

Hi Sherie,

I just sent a message to our team to check up on your support request. I'll be in touch with an update as soon as I hear back.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Sherie - Please check your email. You should have a reply from our support team in your inbox. Please confirm that you received it. Thanks in advance!

Sherie Dracup

Hi Angela,  I received the e-mail.  At this time they are collecting information about the issue I encountered, since they are  unable to reproduce it on their end.  I appreciate the responses, and hope a solution is found soon. Thanks

Vincent Falardeau

After doing a refresh installation of Windows 10 with "Reset this PC" option - this keeps all the files but removes all the softwares, all four Skylum software are working again. But this is a last resort solution for anyone, since you have to reinstall everything, from Outlook and Office, to Chrome, Firefox and everything else, which in my case represented 64 install to do, with reboot between everyone of them to make sure was working along the way, and not bringing back the problem along the way.

All updates have been done afterwards, with the exception of Windows itself, which I am running version 1809 - build 17765.253. I will resend to Support both of my System Summary, the one when my laptop had the issues, and the new one where the software are running correctly. I hope this will be use to find the cause of the problem and that it can be use to help other clients of Skylum that have a similar issue, help Skylum themselves to prevent this to happen and for me as well if the problem was to reoccur. I am listing and checking every single time an update shows up if it is affecting the softwares, in order to make sure that I am able to undo anything that would have made them go unstable again. Please keep me posted, thanks.  

Please sign in to leave a comment.