"erase" & "clone/stamp" tools

Comments

7 comments

ralph louzon

This stamped layer is awkward indeed...

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Pierre,

Thank you for your feedback on the Erase and Clone/Stamp tools. We are aware of the issue and will address it a future update.

Blaine Luther

Angela 

2 questions:   For the above problem from Pierre, is this still an issue in Luminar 3?     Is it recommended to sharpen after the clone and stamp?   Sharpening is the last filter I use in my editing workflow.

Blaine

Kate Williams

Hi Blaine,

Yes, Clone and Stamp creates a new layer that's placed above the basic layer. Moreover, you're absolutely right - it's recommended to apply detail corrections, such as Noise Reduction and Sharpening, as the last step of editing. 

Luminar 4 Eraser tool should have an opacity slider. When it erases a spot it leaves a... spot of its own...

Angela Andrieux

Hi,

You an do this now - the Erase tool creates its own layer. You can then decrease the opacity of that layer to decrease the effect.

Oh, I get it now! And you can even use the brush to tune it up further. Nice. However it seems to invalidate any previous correction layers. The best way must be to start with the Eraser tools and make any adjustments next, I think...

Please sign in to leave a comment.