Luminar 3 sharing menu missing items

Comments

10 comments

Steve Ratts

David you’re right. Direct export to those and other services are missing. It would also be nice to have 500px

Comment actions Permalink
    Leila Evans

Due to the recent changes in personal security with MacOS, the ability to post directly to a social network from Luminar has been temporarily removed.

Steve Ratts

Can you elaborate on this Leila? Luminar can post to SmugMug, but not to Instagram/Facebook/500px/Twitter?

I tried googling for info about this and didn't find anything other than some changes to Safari that help protect user privacy and have nothing to do with blocking uploads. There are clearly other apps that can post to social media such as uplet.app (https://getuplet.com/). So what's changed with OSX that would prevent Luminar from posting?

David Medeiros

Is there a plan to re instate the sharing features in the next update to L3? This was honestly one of the most significant features of the the app, the ability to share edited images without having to create a jpg.

FWIW Luminar 2018, still running in the same machine and OS as L3 can still post to these other apps and networks. If there was a security issue why wouldn't L2018 have been patched to remove sharing as well?

David Tillett

I assume that the posting to FaceBook, Twitter etc in Luminar 2018 made use of Apple's integration of some social media services into MacOS. This integration has been removed in Mojave. Luminar is not the only application that has been effected by this, for example it is not longer possible to upload photos from standard Photos app to FaceBook.

I am running Mojave and FaceBook, Twitter etc are no longer offered as options in Luminar 2018.

So Skylum have been hit by an operating system change that is beyond their control. Whether they can re-implement the sharing using services supplied by FaceBook etc themselves I am not sure, but then they would be at the mercy of the services changing things. Twitter has a history of changing things that disable functions in third party clients.

Even it re-implementation is possible it could well be a way down their list of priorities.

Dawn Byrne

Any ability for these social networks now in 2019 for Luminar3?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Dawn,

Unfortunately, no. Due to changes in personal security with MacOS, the ability to post directly to a social network from Luminar has been removed.

Steve Ratts

Hi Angela

I’m still waiting on a real reason to be offered by Skylum on this. All I’ve seen so far are vague assertions that’s it’s something in OS X. This doesn’t add up. Why are Flume and Uplet able to do this but Luminar isn’t? Those apps are running on the exact same OS as Luminar, but we get the short end of the stick? Honestly, please feel free to get technical here and tell us why Luminar can’t do this when other apps can

David Tillett

Steve,

If you Google "Mojave Facebook Integration" you will find that in the Mojave upgrade Apple removed the integration of Facebook, Twitter etc. Applications that used this integration, and I assume Luminar is one, lost the ability to share using the standard system facilities. Note that Apple's own Photos application has lost the ability to share photos to Facebook.

So the real reason is as Skylum have said, down to changes in MacOS.

Perhaps in the future the functionality can be reintroduced by making use of any API's that the services themselves provide. which presumably how the apps you mention upload to Instagram, but that would mean adding something new to the Roadmap and where would this fit in Skylum's priorities?

Helena Carter

Hi David ,

Thanks for explaining that, you're absolutely right.

Currently, there's no ETA for bringing this feature back, but we will keep you posted. 

Have a great day!

Please sign in to leave a comment.