Hello from Corfu, Greece

Comments

8 comments

Manfred Ram

Hi Jane- trying to helkp. Are we talking Windows or Mac ? Is the folder stored on a fixed harddrive or on a usb drive or network maybe ?  can you open the folder via explorer/finder ?

regards Manfred

(not linked to Skylum)

Michael Madril

In Luminar 3 for Windows, you can right click on the folder with the triangle and select the "Show in Explorer" option.  This will open the folder on you drive if attached to your PC.

Jane Denney

Yes,   can open the folder, it is on Mac but appear not to be "linked' I have already edited soem images and put some in Albums.   I have tested bringing in another folder without problems. \

I have another folder which links to a hard drive, which I understand if harddrive not cnnected  I get the same warning triangle, perfectly as it should be. But this flder is on my mac's harddrive

???? really annoying cannot figure it out

Jane Denney

Yes,   can open the folder, it is on Mac but appear not to be "linked' I have already edited soem images and put some in Albums.   I have tested bringing in another folder without problems. \

I have another folder which links to a hard drive, which I understand if hard drive not connected  I get the same warning triangle, perfectly as it should be. But this folder is on my mac's hard drive

???? really annoying cannot figure it out

Manfred Ram

Hi Jane- what happens if you try to import the folder again into the catalog ? Does that work ?

Manfred Ram

and in Finder, right click on that folder and check INFORMATION - there are two items below the main information, the second is LOCKED (or similar, I have the german version here). It must be unchecked.

Jane Denney

originally I "added" the folder I did not "import" it

I have added teh folder again without issue,

In finder on mac I moved a file around inside teh folder, then went back to luminar, the only image now available is the one I moved, I have lost all the rest  ( except for the newly added folder which contains images , of course without all my previous work and organisation into albums

ShouldI be importing these folder, not just adding them?

Daniel Scholz

Hi Jane, simply adding this folder should work fine. I am really sorry you have to deal with this issue, we'll release a new update in about a month, most of such issues will be addressed in Luminar 3.1.0. Also, please make sure that you don't change the location of this folder, as Luminar might not be able to find this folder on your machine anymore.

Please sign in to leave a comment.