Luminar 3 Update from Support - UPDATED 1/8/19

Pinned Featured

Comments

14 comments

Anders Svensson

Re, .lmnr not opening, what do you mean by "We’ll add messages to communicate issues with projects in future updates for Luminar". Not being able to open a previously saved .lmnr is a bug. Isn't this going to be fixed?

Anders Svensson

And how much "later" for the ability to save .lmnr? Not having this completely breaks Luminar 3 for those of us who prefer this Luminar 2018 functionality to a central catalog.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Anders,

At the moment the main issue with .lmnr files that aren't opening is that those .lmnr files (with a few rare exceptions) were saved without history and resources. When L3 tries to open these files it doesn't show alerts, such as 'resources missing' or something like that, instead it does not nothing. At the moment this is considered normal behavior. We'll be adding more informative alerts in future updates but there's no info yet on the kinds of those alerts or any other related behavior.

We are hoping to get .lmnr project files into the next update (3.1.0) but can't make any promises quite yet.

Anders Svensson

Hi Angela.

It can hardly be considered normal behaviour that a .lmnr saved by Luminar 2018 can't be opened with Luminar 3. It's a bug, plain and simple, and an alert that a .lmnr can't be opened because of the way it was saved is no solution.

Peter Davies

It looks like an epic update! I'm really excited! Keep up the hard work. It is appreciated.

Steve Ratts

Thanks for all your hard work! This sounds like it will address a lot of critical issues. Can you please shed some light on when we may expect to see the Lightroom Migration tool?

Thanks,

Steve

David Rossi

Right now my only debilitating issue with L3 is performance.  I'm Mac.  I did some individual image tests between L3.1 and L2018 and, while 2018 isn't speedy in any sense of the word, L3.1 is unacceptably slow.

Will Mac general performance be improved significantly in the February release of L3?

I appreciate where you folks appear to be going with this software.  Keep it up!

Angela Andrieux

@Steve - I don't have an ETA on the Lightroom Migration tool at the moment but I'll check with our team and see if I can get more info.

@David - Yes. Performance for both Mac and Windows will be improved in the late January/early February update.

Manfred Ram

What I don't understand is the following:

If you know the date of the next release, why don't you release more frequent updates in between, to take away some of the frustration that many users are experiencing ?

Secopndly, you should really consider opening a public-beta -channel, enabling a much wider test platform. The last update (3.1.) has proven to be full of bugs and I really don't know what your beta testers have been doing. It is much easier to call an update "beta" and then go from  there, instead of trying to sell something which is not ready.

regards/Manfred

Bruce Cole

L3 takes forever to start up on my PC. By contrast, Luminar2018 loads up after 7 seconds (just timed it) and works perfectly. So far I've been waiting over 17 minutes and L3 is still showing the splash screen and the mouse shows as busy if I hover over it. According to Windows 10 task manager it's using 3-5% of my CPU and around 384Mb of my memory as well as writing to the hard disk at around 25 to 30Mb/s, so it's doing something. I tried it the other day and gave up after an hour, tried it later and left PC running for around 3 hours and when I came back it had loaded up. So it looks as if it takes somewhere between 1 hour and 3 hours to load up. I've given up on it. Please give an option to remove the DAM function of the software, I don't want to wait 3 hours to edit a photo, I couldn't care less about libraries etc., I don't want/need that feature, I just want the ability to edit. Thanks.

Helena Carter

Hi Bruce.

We will release an update meant to target some performance issues at the end of January-beginning of February.

Meanwhile, you can remove your Luminar 3 Catalog and use it for Quick Edits.

To remove Luminar Catalog:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar Catalog folder. The default location is C:\Users\%username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Remove the Luminar Catalog folder.

We do really hope for you patience on this matter. Have a marvelous day!

Bruce Cole

Hi Helena,

I have followed your instructions and I have now deleted the Luminar Catalog folder (which was 26.7Gb and consisted of 15,574 files in 13,562 folders... in case that's helpful to you). It now starts up after 25 seconds, your solution appears to have worked. Thanks.

JOONGAN KWON

I can't find about CR3 format.

Maybe Skylum Team think about CR3 is not important

Cannon released CR3 almost 1 year ago

Moshe Ovadya

Nondestructive edit workflow by using Photoshop Smart Object no longer works on Luminar 3. It still works perfectly with Luminar 2018 where I can double click on the Smart Filter in Photoshop and go back to exactly where I left off in Luminar 2018. Whereas with L3, with the exact same workflow, you simply go back to the beginning and all your edits are lost. Sorry but the catalog feature is not the primary reason to love Luminar for the still many LR users.

Please sign in to leave a comment.