Mr

Comments

3 comments

Denis Kotsee

We're aware of the performance issues, and we're truly sorry if you encountered them.

We will release an update meant to target these issues at the end of January - beginning of February.

Comment actions Permalink
    Donald Wyllie

I too agree with Hans. I would like a straightforward Raw editor, similar to Lightroom but which works better and is faster. All of this tinsel AI rubbish is, frankly, unnecessary. Some of the videos produced show the effects and the result is lurid to say the least.

So Skylum, get the basics right then worry about the tinsel for photographers who need all the help they can get. How about the glacial operating speed - it makes Lightroom look really good. How about importing straight from an SD card and copying to the location of choice with the folders arranged by day of  image taking. Lightroom does this well but not quickly. I still have to use Lightroom for this part of the operation.

Now Skylum says that we wait until the end of January for updates - another month on top of the ONE YEAR we waited for L3. To add insult I paid a lot more for Luminar over a year ago and now you are virtually giving it away. Try not to make Adobe look so good.

Hans Smits

You are not wrong! Good to hear that I am not the only one who thinks this way. I don't want a shovel with flashing lights, I want a shovel with a strong handle.. By the way, suspect that end of January will not be end of January. I think I will be moving to ON1 Photo Raw..

Please sign in to leave a comment.