Luminar 3 Update From Support Team 6

Pinned

Comments

14 comments

Winfield Terry

Any update on fixing the AI Sky filter and not being able to edit pictures after?  That is a huge bug and should be fixed before the end of Jan in my opinion.  Essentially can't use that filter at the moment.  

Roy Blackwell

Re AI Sky filter: Update 5 indicates this issue will be fixed in 3.1.0. A hotfix to resolve this now would be good.

Joh Barnett

Any update for those of us who can't even use the program due to the "Database failed to Open" dialog prompt?

Winfield Terry

I read that on the 3.1.0 end of Jan, maybe Feb time frame but that is a MAJOR bug to wait a month to resolve as it makes editing almost useless.  Sorry but when something such as DAM breaks the main functionality of the program (editing photos) you have a serious issue that needs to be addressed immediately via a hotfix not wait 30+ days for a major rollup.

Sorry @Roy not a rant against you :)

Robert Law

Imagine buying a car and being not being able to use till January/February till it was running right lol

jean Vidal

Vignettes doublées dans ma bibliotheque , les fichiers raw de pentax .PEF sont doublés avec un Jepg alors qu'aucun autre logiciel ne trouve de fichier jpeg et qu'il n'y en a pas, magique ! mais je ne peux travailler serieusement avec luminar on verra l'année prochaine moi j'arrete cette amateurisme de votre societé

Denis Kotsee

@Joh Barnett 3.0.1 targets this issue, it should not be occurring anymore.

1. verify that you have 3.0.1 installed
    2. remove your Luminar Catalog folder

If the issue still persists, please contact the support team via the form at the bottom of this page: http://skylum.com/support

Send us the following:

1. the full path to the folder you added to your library before you encounter the error
    2. Download this application: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xz3p1hi2ze6j50x/ViewIDE.exe?dl=0
    3. Launch it.
    4. Copy the HIDE code from the application's window and send it to us.
    Joh Barnett

Here it is

MID = 130713394501172
    PID = BFEBFBFF000306C3
    BID = D7PDCG001AE1
    HID = 5767d208f5bb52096c35c5928403c2f4
    HIDE = 8a2c5ffc5664e9ed8a6d70c4b2986e23

Joh Barnett

Also forgot to mention, the installation was made using all the default parameters.  I was never given the chance to specify the location of the catalog or adding a folder.  As soon as I get to the grey Luminar box is when I get the Database failed to open dialog box, and then the program closes.

Galen Dalrymple

Denis:

I still have the same problem as Joh.  I downloaded the utility you asked Joh to run and here's my results:

MID = MP1E3LBS
    PID = BFEBFBFF000806EA
    BID = MP1E3LBS
    HID = cc01b132e22b358b84877a945891e246
    HIDE = b82675e00d338153570936da1d9b90cc

This is the path to my Pictures folder: Windows/Users/Galen's Lenovo/Pictures  (the default location) 

My computer is Intel i7 processor, 16GB RAM, about 350GB free space on my SSD drive, WIN10 Home Version 1803.

Whatever is going on, this was not fixed in 3.0.1. 

Daniel Scholz

@Galen, could you please contact our support team at support@skylum.com ? They might require the information you shared here, so please copy it. We'll release a big update (3.1.0) in about a month, it will significantly improve the performance of our software. 

Joh Barnett

Daniel, I sent my info to support a few days ago. Hopefully between us, they will be able to find a fix.

Joh Barnett

I received an email from support today advising me that the "Database failed to Open" issue still has not been fixed by the hotfix in 3.0.1..  They are working on a solution but it apparently is complicated.  I appreciated their honesty.  I would suggest to anyone else who is having the same problem to follow the steps in the above posts.  The more information they have should help them to find a true fix for it.

Galen Dalrymple

Joh: glad to hear they have finally acknowledged that it is still an issue. I sent my information in several days ago. If others are having the same problem, see Denis Kotsee's post from 6 days ago to get the detailed instructions that will help them figure out the problem. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.