Comments

9 comments

Bob Rockefeller

If Skylum is not planning a full-on public beta for future versions, it would seem reasonable that they at least expand the beta tester pool to give them a chance at testing a wider set of workflows and a broader base of hardware.

Some of those additional testers might come from this forum. Who here has the problem(s) the next version is targeting? Who offers relatively clear problem descriptions? Who is reasonably unemotional and analytical about the problems?

Comment actions Permalink
    Anastasia Davis

Hi! At the moment we don't have exact info on the public beta. In case there is one, we will let you know.

Phil Hurd

Hi Nastia, you could save yourself a lot of self-inflicted pain by offering a Public Beta. There are people on this forum who genuinely want to see Skylum succeed.

Best wishes, Phil.

Colin Grant

Did Skylum not mention something about a potential public beta period to V3 being released? I seem to recall someone putting their name forward and being added to the list. I note the word of Nastia above, 'In case there is one, we will let you know". Hardly sounds positive. As Phil says, a lot of self inflicted pain could be avoided.

Bob Rockefeller

I can understand a company's reluctance to offer a public beta. There are often too many random users that either provide no feedback at all or provide that feedback with too little background information to be all that helpful.

That doesn't mean Skylum should not recruit a wider range of beta testers than they appear to have used for v3. As I mentioned above, some of those additional beta testers could come from the discussions here. Skylum can judge the likely helpfulness of potential beta testers from individuals' comments. 

Phil Hurd

Agree with Bob

I have been quite a supporter of MacPhun (Skylum) despite not being best pleased with some of their releases. I like to think that I have stuck with them through thick and thin as the products have great potential. I was promised by Alex Tsepko some time ago that he would look into beta testers. I guess he's been a bit busy!

Anastasia Davis

You are right that there is a list of potential beta-testers. In case we have an open beta, sure we will contact those people. Anyway, your thoughts on this will be heard and I will pass your opinion further. 

Phil Hurd

Hope I'm on the list then Nastia!

Also worth mentioning that some on this forum are professionals in the world of computing, mentioning no names of course :-)

Mark Hertel

I would be happy to help test as well.  

Please sign in to leave a comment.