Luminar Windows - Choose Image Cache location

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Tom Pickering

It would appear that there is no choice on the location of the catalog at present, at least for the Windows version, which is in your Pictures folder.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi KloPapa,

You can move your catalog folder (with the cache) to an external drive or cloud drive that is locally synced, if you wish. However, please do not move the cache file(s) out of the Luminar Library folder.

You can also choose where to store your Luminar catalog folder during your initial setup of the software. The default is your Pictures folder, but you can set a different location if you like.

Simon Hatfield

I too would like to relocate the Luminar cache from the Pictures directory to another drive in Windows. It would be great if you had an option to be able to do this.

Kate Williams

Hi Simon,

We do not plan to change the catalog organization in the foreseeable future; still, I will let our techs know that making the cache location optional is important to you so that they could consider it for the future development. 

Lenny Verkhovsky

I see that Luminar Cache is locate on OneDrive folder:

C:\Users\lennyb\OneDrive\Pictures\Luminar Catalog-4\PreviewCache\18

how can I change it? I think that this might be a reason for a low performance of the preview

Lenny Verkhovsky

Is there any aging or clean process? I see that preview cache takes about 15Gb, while I don't need this cache any more. 

Anna V

Hi Lenny, 

We don't recommend making any changes in the Luminar Catalog folder on your HD. 

Luminar Cache is cleared and updated automatically.

Hope for your patience. 

Post is closed for comments.