Unstable and crashing on Mac

Comments

6 comments

Mitchell Rothenberg

This takes 10-20 minutes to open on my Mac. The recent update made it even worse if possible. This is unusable and seems like a waste of money. I waited over a year for the library option and it is complete junk at this point.

Comment actions Permalink
    Rob Davis

It's an absolute joke. I really am very close to just doing away with Luminar altogether. 

Ricardo Ramalho

I'm having the same problems. Using a decent 2015 MacBook Pro (16GB RAM, 256GB SSD and and external 512GB SSD) Luminar 3 is slow, drags just going from photo to photo, display random colours while loading the images and crashes after editing 1 or 2 photos. And I've been a very light user, doing very light editing on CR2 images.

Reading other threads on this forum I cringe with the prospect of updating to Luminar 3.0.1 as it seems we cannot be sure it won't make it even worse...

This does seem like a joke and I'm on the brink of asking for a refund. 

Just a waste of time and money

Daniel Nist

I don't think it is time to give up on Luminar yet. But then again I'm not canceling my subscription to LR yet. Aurora still works good as a plug in for now. Keeping my fingers crossed !!!

Ricardo Ramalho

Well, it is really unacceptable to PAY for a software announced with all the bell and whistles and get something that is really unusable... (unless you can dedicate a full week to view, sort, light edit and export 50 images)

Angela Andrieux

We're aware of the performance issues, and we're truly sorry if you encountered them.

We will release an update meant to target these issues at the end of January - beginning of February.

Please sign in to leave a comment.