Running Luminar 3 on Windows 10. Using the second software build of Luminar 3 (the fix version) that was offered. Having serious usability issues:
1. Previously reported issues with "Welcome Wizard". I finally dodged all "large catalog" issues by pointing Luminar 3 to an empty folder to "find".
2. Used the "Quick Edit" version to open an image. Scrollbars are inoperative both on the first build of Luminar 3 and now the second. This is both on the Luminar Looks along the bottom of the screen and the Workspace area at the right hand side. This is a deal breaker for me.
3. Luminar 3 takes 15 minutes to install from the time I start the installer to the time the software is ready. This seems long. A minor point compared to other issues.
4. The posts on the "Luminar 3 Unusable" forum continue to report slow operation on performant PCs, as well as other abnormal operation. As far as I can tell the issues occur on PCs, rather than Mac's. It is difficult to place trust in software with these issues pending. I myself saw slow operation when I first installed Luminar 3
I bought Luminar 3 with the promise of a library function, and I assumed it would be a properly-performing library function. Right now I'm left with no functioning copy of Luminar, except for my existing installation of Luminar 2018. I consider that unsupported software now, and I have no method of reinstalling that product or installing it on, say, a laptop.
I would ask the following of Skylum:
1. The ability to go back to fully use a supported version of Luminar 2018 and to be able to download it, until the bugs can be reasonably worked out of Luminar 3. Right now Luminar 2018 is not downloadable as far as I know. Making a previous version available is not unprecedented - various software organizations do this regularly.
2. I would also suggest that some kind of compensation to Luminar owners who have experienced problems is appropriate. Perhaps a rebate of some kind on the current software, or perhaps a promotion for reduced price on a future upgrade or other Skylum product. Again, this is not unprecedented.
Because of these issues I already chose a competitor's product over Aurora HDR when I recently purchased HDR software.
I hope that Skylum will realize the position in which they have placed me, and probably other users. I am willing to compromise and use Luminar 2018 the while. I will de-install Luminar 3 and wait for Skylum's reply as to how I can continue to use Luminar.
Please sign in to leave a comment.