Dear Skylum team,
Since the release of Luminar 3 I have several issues with the program which makes it unfortunately not a pleasure to use at the moment. Of course I understand this first release will have some issues and I trust you will solve them soon. For your information I have added a catalog from my NAS server with around 7000 images (RAW and JPG).
- It takes a very long time for starting up the program (several minutes).
- The first time you double click an image to edit, it will take several minutes to open the edit dialog. The second image after that will go faster.
- The Trash folder I have emptied over and over again, but after restarting the program it shows a counter with 1068 images - but the Trash folder is empty.
- Sometimes the program freezes and needs to be restarted (even though I have installed the first update).
- Adding a folder does not work correctly - it is not added at the place I selected, it is always added under the root catalog. It only comes into the right place if you add the folder from within the File Explorer from Windows.
- Adding a folder, for example with the name "2018-12-30 NL Forest", will end up with the new folder added to the catalog + several folders called "new folder" and they cannot be removed or accessed (exclamation sign). Even though the folder was named and added correctly in one attempt. The only way resolve this issue is to remove the whole catalog and add it again.
- Setup is a folder, for example "2019". Within this folder there are setup 2 sub folders, "RAW" and "JPG". If you work on a RAW file and you export this file as JPG to the mentioned JPG folder, this folder is not instantly updated with the new file. You have to close the program and restart Luminar to see the new JPG files.
- Related to issue 7: the file counter does not show the correct amount of files in the RAW and JPG folder. In the RAW folder as well as in the JPG folder there are 11 files. Luminar shows 10 fles in the RAW folder and 1 file in the JPG folder. To resolve this Luminar has to be restarted.
I feel almost like a beta tester :). To be honest I did not expect Luminar 3 having so much issues and that it is actually not yet ready for the public. Perhaps it would have been better to release a month or two later with a higher level of stability and less issues.
I am also missing some features, but that is something to talk about later :). First I would like to see a fast and stable working application, as I was used to with Luminar 2018.
I trust you will take the right actions. Thanks in advance! Luminar 2018 blew my mind and I hope I can be as enthousiastic with Luminar 3 soon.
Best regards, Edwin
Please sign in to leave a comment.