Luminar 3 issues

Comments

13 comments

roy radlauer

I have these and more problems - I have reverted to using 2018! --- 3 ran a little(ha, ha) better before the upgrade. I love the program Hope it is fixed and working, soon!

Comment actions Permalink
    Brian Creek

I am also experiencing multiple issues both before and after the recent revision.  Program takes forever to load, Luminar shows no photos in the folders I've added, several sub-folders are grayed-out, again, can't call images.  I'm also using Capture One 12 and love it, but have enjoyed several features in Luminar.  Shoot me an email when you get this thing fixed, please.  I'm not spending any more time messing with a buggy program.

Brian

David Hape

I kept Luminar 2018 in case Luminar 3 had issues. No problem with Luminar 3 until I downloaded the revision this morning. I open a photo to edit and get a blank screen. Nothing opens, even went and had lunch and cam, back, still not loaded. This evening I opened a photo and it looked as if I was looking at the photo through a very muddy glass window. Slow to load and not able to work at all with this program.

I deleted Luminar 3 and reloaded it as a trial with the same issues. I am sure it will be a great program if they can get it to work the way it was intended.

I use this daily for my business as a photographer. Love it so much more than Lightroom. Not so much now,

David Hape

I kept Luminar 2018 in case Luminar 3 had issues. No problem with Luminar 3 until I downloaded the revision this morning. I open a photo to edit and get a blank screen. Nothing opens, even went and had lunch and cam, back, still not loaded. This evening I opened a photo and it looked as if I was looking at the photo through a very muddy glass window. Slow to load and not able to work at all with this program.

I deleted Luminar 3 and reloaded it as a trial with the same issues. I am sure it will be a great program if they can get it to work the way it was intended.

I use this daily for my business as a photographer. Love it so much more than Lightroom. Not so much now,

Edwin you explained your issues well.

David Hape

This morning I opened lightroom. selected a photo-In Lightroom-File-plug in extras-transfer to Luminar 3 and the photo appeared in Luminar and I could make adjustments.

Opening photo in Luminar 3 Libraries is a waste of time.

Timothy DeHan

I am having the same issues as Edwin states above and more.  I've contacted Skylum support numerous times and they are of absolutely no help.  I've uninstalled, deleted the folder from APPDATA, run CCleaner, downloaded the latest version and installed 5 different times now.  I don't have any of these problems with Luminar 2018 or Lightroom!!!  What gives??

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

Please visit the News & Updates section of the forum to read the Luminar 3 Update From SupportWe've listed the known issues, estimates for when the fixes will be released, and workarounds where applicable.

If you’ve encountered a problem not listed please file a support ticket at https://www.skylum.com/support. Thanks in advance!

Jerre Thompson

Frustrated. Installed the updates and now it's worse! Loaded a folder from my computer and only a few show up on the folder screen. The rest are blanked out but I can click on them and they will appear in the edit window. Every time I edit a photo and export and go back to edit another photo, nothing happens. I have to shut down the program every time I want to edit a photo. My computer is a pc and meets all the requirements. Please help otherwise I want my money back.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jerre,

I'm very sorry to hear that! Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll get it sorted out.

Edward Killesteyn

I have all the problems listed plus a few more. The app crashes instantly I add a folder using the Folder+ function. Once the folder is added, the app immediately crashes upon reopening. Only option is to uninstall the app and delete the Luminar Catelogue. Skylum Support has been responsive but no solution found. Only suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall, but has not rectified problem. Like others, will continue to use L2018 - a great product. Maybe the moral of the story is to “stick to your knitting”

Edward Killesteyn

By the way, the problems outlined above are apparent in the latest release 3.0.2. I’m running a MacBook Pro with plenty of RAM 

Emmanuel Awemu

For a minute I thought that my Mac was having some issues until I decided to carry out more research.  This is indeed very frustrating and time-consuming. I have a lot of photos to process and currently cannot. When do we expect these issues resolved because, at this moment, it will not even launch? It keeps giving me error messages.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Emmanuel,

I'm very sorry for any frustrations you're having with Luminar. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we will be happy to help.

Please sign in to leave a comment.