17 comments

Ronald Skinner

Luminar 3 has Share to Flickr 

Comment actions Permalink
    Charles Lovings

I am using Luminar 3.0.1 build 2751 and this is my Share submenu:

Mark Hertel

Same here Charles, and really wish 500px was on the list..

Colin Grant

The flickr issue is down to flickr changing its api. Cannot now upload from Lr either.

Ronald Skinner

Wow that's weird, I have the latest 3.0.1 update and I'm seeing Flickr, I haven't tried using it yet, but I have shared to Smugmug, it works great only issues I have with it are it only uploads one photo at a time and it strips the EXIF info in Smugmug.

Colin Grant

No Flickr upload on my Mac 3.0.1 install.

Allister Jenks

I have a feeling that people on macOS Mojave will not see the Flickr option, while those on earlier releases will. It was an OS-level service that was removed in Mojave.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/06/06/macos-mojave-drops-login-options-twitter-facebook/

Charles Lovings

Allister you maybe right about macOS Mojave. I forgot that Flickr was purchased by SmugMug and changes to login to Flickr are scheduled for sometime in January 2019. The new login will not require the use of a @yahoo.com email address. So, all of this maybe affecting the absence of Flickr in the Share submenu at this time.

Tony Aurelio

Tried to share 1 photo to Flickr , it just won't go thru , it just keep spinning . 

Phil Hurd

Using macOS High Sierra v.10.13.6. No Flickr sharing.

Phil Hurd

One thing that could maybe be tweaked is the Share To Email functionality. Luminar 3 seems to be set up to Share To Apple Mail. This is fine if you are using Apple Mail. Could it perhaps be configured to use the macOS default mail client?

Best wishes, Phil

Denis Kotsee

Luminar already uses the default mail client on Mac.

Phil Hurd

I'm using Postbox and its set as my default email client. All other software I am using will open a new message in Postbox from the share menu or icon. Luminar tries to open Apple Mail.

Please see attached error message

Phil

Angela Andrieux

Hi Phil,

We're aware of the issue and are working on a solution. I don't have an ETA on a fix just yet, though.

Phil Hurd

Great, thanks Angela.

Its not a huge issue for me as I don't often email my images but I thought it worth mentioning.

Deborah Hinter

I just found this on Apple. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250455518

Looks like we cannot add Flickr Account to a Mac OS computer.

Charles Lovings

That's not what the post states. The post is about sharing from the Photos app on the mac to Flickr. I am able to publish (Lightroom speak for upload) my photos from Adobe Lightroom on my mac to Flickr, with no problems. In fact, I uploaded a photo to Flickr from Lightroom just before posting this. Lightroom is not using the Share api, Luminar 3 needs to do something similar.

Please sign in to leave a comment.