Simple Request - why not just let me know.....

Comments

6 comments

Bernhard Martin

+1

Comment actions Permalink
    Ed Dumas

+10

Rich Goldman

I agree,,,moving to On One Photo Raw 2019....works flawlessly....

David Roe

ON One 2019 --- It does seem to work rather well.  I am still getting up to speed with it.  It does a very good job from what I can see so far. 

I like Luminar 2018 for it's speed in getting simple thing done quick and looked forward to 3 and it's library system. 

Now I am learning ON One and hope to get a handle on it and it might be my go to for processing.  At along with Topaz could very well mean even after 3 is fixed, if ever, I will be past spending any more cash with Skylum. 

michael durkin

I too share your disappointment and frustration with not fit for purpose Luminar3, and share your disappointment and anger.  After believing all the excited chattering hype we were spoon fed one is left with the feeling you’ve been scammed.

However, a word of caution regarding ON: I’ve had experience of this programme too, I suffered it for over two years. It’s never worked properly on Windows and still doesn’t if their own forum is anything to go by, it’s also full of angry complaints, which are regularly removed.  ON1 also has the same ‘arrangement’ as Skylum in that of course, it’s not a subscription setup – you just find yourself paying out for ‘upgrades’ every year..  There was, perhaps still is,  one serious danger using ON1 on a windows machine however. It causes serious overheating to what I assume is the CPU. My PC got so hot that had I not noticed it I feel sure it would have either wreaked the computer or made it burst into flames, and I was not the only one to experience this.  Whether they’ve managed to fix this or not I can’t say but if you do decide to give it a try, do keep an eye on the temp. As well as noting how often  you’ll be expected to pay out for the latest ‘upgrade’.

The simple fact is, both these companies are expecting us to pay for the privilege of being beta testers it seems.

Adobe, with its  powerful and excellent products that work as they should on either a windows or a Mac albeit with it’s subscription plan is looking quite a viable alternative, and lets face it, it’s not really that much more expensive...

Ed Dumas

@ Michael  - I too tried ON1 in windows in hope for better...common and real issue is photo editing slow regen when using any sliders, others have complained about it and it is VERY frustrating, simple exposure, contrast saturation ETC sliders photo takes a second or more to regen It sucks....and not my computers LR works much better in this situation, Luminar and ON1 very similar issues, catalog is better in ON1...but like others say ON1 pretty shifty with upgrade costs and initial cost is more than Luminar. I will not waste my money

Please sign in to leave a comment.