Google Photos Integration

Comments

24 comments

Boris Iljadica

I like the idea.

I have used Gogle Picasa until I switched to Luminar 3. My first wish was just to upload the albums to Google Photo (add additional Share option), but your idea goes far behind. We all make a lot of photos with smartphone and it would be great if we could have such workflow.

I vote for it.

Comment actions Permalink
    Dennis Wimmer

Would be great. Since there is a api from google this could work.

I also vote for it.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thouseef,

Thank you for your suggestion! I will share it with our developers.

Judy Lange

Please add integration with Google Photos. I mainly use my iPhone for photography and the images are uploaded to Google Photos. However, I still use my "real" camera whose photos get uploaded to my hard drive. As it stands I have photos in two locations. I am transitioning from Adobe Lightroom.

Bart Van den Bosch

I also make photos with the smartphone and now edit them in Snapseed, but that has only an app which is tedious if you need to work on 100s of photos. I'm looking for an application that can directly access google photos and write edited pictures back. I have no local storage anymore and way too many photos to sync them to a local drive. I'm not expecting Lightroom to do this as Adobe has its own storage cloud (which is way more expensive than google's). 

Yoeng Sin Khoe

+1

Robert Varga

+1

Kevin Davies

Yes please

I use Google Photo to show friends and family pictures on a smartphone without lugging the laptop around. I know they won't be the hi-res versions but that is OK to show on a smaller screen. Plus, you get unlimited storage for standard photos, happy days.

BTW - sync would be an awsome addition. I too use the phone as a 'second' camera (they say the best camera is the one you've got with you) so being able to see those within luminar and the edits go back would be awesome.

Thanks to the OP for the suggestion.

Truc Tran

Yes, ability to export photos to Google Photos straight from Luminar would be great. I store all my photos on Google Photos.

Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I've forwarded your feedback to our developers.

Best regards

Thouseef Hameed

Thanks @Helena

Miloš Doubek

+1

Siegfried Praille

+1

It world be nice to integrate Google photos into the library/media management part of Luminar

Kami Huyse

Yes, this would really help me to get into the habit of using Luminar3

Andy Atalla

OH MY GOD THIS WOULD JUST BE THE MOST AMAZING THING.

I also think it would be a HUGE HUGE win for Skylum. It's so much more powerful than just using Snapseed. I used to use Picasa until I got frustrated with the bugs due to lack of support. Then I tried Adobe but couldn't justify the monthly spend. Luminar 3 changed my (photography!) life in a wonderful way! I absolutely love it, and have already pre-ordered 4 even though I don't technically need it, just to show my support and geek out at the new features... 

BUT (and it's a big but, and I can't lie...)

I've now got the new iPhone, and am using it more and more for photography. It's already a bit tricky to balance the edits you need to make on the phone (make key photo etc) and the ones I can do on Google Photos (limited) and the ones I make on Snapped (more variety but still nowhere near as good as Luminar).... 

If I could just create the album of photos on Google photos and then download / upload edits within Luminar, I would be beyond ecstatic, and I also think (if promoted well....) it would put you in a position to convert a lot of google photos users into buying Luminar 4!

@Helena Carter - Any feedback from the developers?

Thanks for considering / looking into it! And also for developing such a great product and charging a fair and reasonable price for it too - I've been telling everyone (who'll listen) about it :)

xx

Kate Williams

Hi, 

Currently, we do not have a timeline such a functionality. 

However, you can still try to sync Google Photos with Google Drive and then point Luminar 3 to the Google Drive Folder on your computer. 

Miloš Doubek

Hi Kate, this is bad news :-( Unfortunately your workaround will not work because Google has stopped syncing photos and drive few months ago.

https://gsuiteupdates.googleblog.com/2019/06/google-photos-drive-sync-stopping.html

Your app is nice, but you can't use it with Google Photos which is a shame.

Kate Williams

Hi Miloš, 

Thanks for the clarification. I'll forward your feedback to our techs.

The thing is that, currently, Luminar 3 works with the 'physical' folders, i.e. the ones that are displayed in Explorer and Finder. 

Unfortunately, we do not plan to change that in the nearest future. Therefore, we cannot guarantee immediate integration with this cloud service. 

Bart Van den Bosch

That is a bit of a pity. Of course you can download the pictures, edit them in luminar and reupload them, but that is tedious and you might as well use an android app on a tblet to edit them directly. 

If you would integrate with google photos I think a lot more people would be interested in buying Skylum (I for one). Many people enjoy the excellent cameras on their phones but still want to do some pro-like tweaking. 

grtz

bart

Simon Baltovic

They say the best camera is the one you have with you, and for a lot of the tme that happens to be my Android phone synced with Google Photos. Removing the ability to access these via explorer in Win/Mac is either part of a longer term business strategy to monetise this, or possibly a change in backend technology which will eventually be fixed. 

In the meantime, I can't edit my camera phone pictures easily in the same software I can edit my DLSR pictures, which is a pain. If Luminar could access them transparently via an approved Google api then that would be ideal!

Mark Minnoye

+1

Adding google photo's to the 'file->share' menu would be a great first step !

Helga Rowles

Hi Mark, noted. I've forwarded your idea to our tech team for their further consideration.

Laurence Chiu

All of my photos are synced into Google Photos.

Can we add Google Photos integration with Luminar 4 please? https://developers.google.com/photos/partner-program/overview

Kirk Osborn

Thank you for your suggestion. I will pass it on to our tech team for further consideration.

Please sign in to leave a comment.